• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets see pictures of your stereo/speaker set up in a deuce

trider

I am wanting to add a stereo and speakers in my hard top deuce. And yes I know before everyone says its pointless and I wont be able to hear it blah blah blah. I am not on here to ask for your opinion, I want the stereo for driving through the pasture and at the river. My truck is strictly an off road toy and not a daily driver. I have searched though pages of post but cant find any post where people can show off how and where they mounted speaker and a stereo.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats an awful lot of effort(in that link). Someone on here put a set of 6x9 speakers in the cab rear corners and I thought it looked good, provided sound and was still protected from the elements. I'll see if I can find it.

trider

Thats an awful lot of effort(in that link). Someone on here put a set of 6x9 speakers in the cab rear corners and I thought it looked good, provided sound and was still protected from the elements. I'll see if I can find it.
Yeah that was my thought. He put a LOT of time and effort into it. It looks good but that is over the top from what I was thinking. Cab corners would be good. Yeah see if you can find any pictures or links to that.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, Mike went all out on that truck. He was the first to go crazy and document every detail. I kinda miss that fool. ;)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, Mike went all out on that truck. He was the first to go crazy and document every detail. I kinda miss that fool. ;)
The fool isn't missing, just missing from here. If you get cabin fever in late Feb, let me know. Still has an event at the ranch.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went the other way.... Will eventually get a radio (+ speakers) for the '16A1 but for recent maiden voyage I used my personal satelite radio, external aerial and a small pair of in-ear head phones. I guess ear buds would work too.
Unfortunately mounted the radio a little low, so had to let air out of the seat so I didn't pull my ears off after going over a bump in the road.
In ear head phones are light, personal, unobtrusive - look like a truckers phone headset(if they can be seen at all) and give great sound without obscuring external sounds - traffic, engine note or passengers.

Just food for thought...

trider

I have a couple 6x9 speakers and two 12" sub-woofers and a 4 channel amp out of a single cab truck I had a few years ago that I am trying to figure out a way to adapt to the deuce since I already have them. I'm thinking mount three 6X9 spears where the back of the cab meets the roof. One in each cab corner and on in the center. I will have to fabricate an overhead center console to mount the radio/stereo. Once I change my seats to air ride seats I will see if there is room for the subs and amp. I wouldn't buy them to put in a deuce but since I have them and they are sitting in my closet taking up space I might as well see if I can put them to use.

I was thinking about putting 6x9 in the cab corners and maybe 6 or 6.5 or maybe even 4x10 up above the windshield. 4x10 would work good but I'm not sure on sound quality from them.

MCTNKR

IMG-20141229-00314.jpgI installed a AN/VIC-3 Amplifier with two Full Function Crew Station control boxes. The Bose crewman headsets are pretty comfortable on a long drive and have a noise cancelling feature powered by a separate AA battery. I can have a normal voice level conversation with my passenger or listen to the iPod connected into the LINE input of the amp.

Maverick1701

I somewhat went the same route as MCTNKR. I bought an aircraft intercom system, a Softcomm ATC-4 (they make two man units but my two-man unit needs a solder joint repaired so I went ahead and installed my 4 man brain box) and mounted it using an exiting hole on the bottom of my dash coupled with an L bracket I modified. My passenger and I can chat back & forth while jamming to tunes via the 3.5mm audio jack. It has the option of powering via battery power (9v) or via a 12v plug. I'm powering with 9V because I don't want to run an entire 12v system in my truck.

20171017_162044.jpg20171017_170553.jpg

twisted60

Not a deuce but maybe will give you ideas, I built this for my hardtop 5 ton, or you could pay a LOT more and buy it from a place in CA.
IMG_3358.jpgIMG_3371.jpgIMG_3374.jpgIMG_3376.jpgIMG_3381.jpgIMG_3382.jpgIMG_3388.jpgIMG_3390.jpg
6x9 speakers mounted in corners of the cab, braced by 2 pieces of cheap metal hand bent to fit and bolted in place covered by 1/4" plywood. It works good for me, hope this gives you some ideas. For the overhead, 2 pieces of 90* aluminum angle, and a piece of 18 gauge (I think it was) sheet metal, I put a 2 din radio on one end and a dome light on the other, a 24v to 12v converter on top between hard top and rack give me the 12 volts for the radio. The over head bolts to 2 of the J hooks that hold the top on, the other end fits snug in channel at back of hardtop.
Easy to make, just took a little time to fit everything.

Spyderman

Not a deuce but maybe will give you ideas, I built this for my hardtop 5 ton, or you could pay a LOT more and buy it from a place in CA.
View attachment 706173View attachment 706174View attachment 706175View attachment 706176View attachment 706177View attachment 706178View attachment 706179View attachment 706180
6x9 speakers mounted in corners of the cab, braced by 2 pieces of cheap metal hand bent to fit and bolted in place covered by 1/4" plywood. It works good for me, hope this gives you some ideas. For the overhead, 2 pieces of 90* aluminum angle, and a piece of 18 gauge (I think it was) sheet metal, I put a 2 din radio on one end and a dome light on the other, a 24v to 12v converter on top between hard top and rack give me the 12 volts for the radio. The over head bolts to 2 of the J hooks that hold the top on, the other end fits snug in channel at back of hardtop.
I really like your set up. I just got a hard top for my 5 ton. Looks like I will be adding some things.

Sent from my Webslinger using Tapatalk

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 706173View attachment 706174View attachment 706175View attachment 706176View attachment 706177View attachment 706178View attachment 706179View attachment 706180
Very nice, I don't have a 5 ton, but might try this in 2.5 ton truck.

twisted60

Very nice, I don't have a 5 ton, but might try this in 2.5 ton truck.
Should work, I’m not familiar with 2.5’s if you have a hard too just attach at front with the J hooks and it fits snug in Chanel in back where top attaches. If you want more pic’s just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks