• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LET's SEE THOSE TRUCKS!!!!

thecbldad

Here it is my first 1009 (THANKS 319) picked it up couple of months ago thanks to this site. Busy guy so this is my first post. Let me say you guys know your MV's. This site is great. Not my first rodeo I've owned 5 K5's over the year's. Busted a lot of knuckles on Chevy's:smile:!

Attachments

TCUCV

Nice shots!

I managed to find a decently deep mud hole in the middle of a field yesterday . . . it had just rained all day Saturday. Luckly my buddy was able to pull me out with ease, in his H3???? Very suprised, the front axle was buried alive

Attachments

K9Vic

Here is my current fleet, M1009, M1010 & M1028. The M1010 was used as a SWAT van by a local police department and I bought it at a police auction. I have a lightbar for my M1009 that I can remove with a quick disconnect, generally I leave it off the truck. I had a second M1009 with a 4" lift that I traded for the M1028.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1948 Chevy 3800 1 Ton NAPCO, Rare 9 ft extra long bed. 47,000 original miles. Never been registered for the road since new. Has original seat cover. Still 6 volt system. Original wood in the bed. Have all paperwork since new including original keys, service booklet (with oil change tickets still attached) and owners manual. Original split rims, 1950's Goodyears (still in great shape). Has heater and dual horn chevy options as well as the dual tail light option as well. Most of the paint is original, you can still see the original white pinstrips around the cab and on the grille. These pinstripes were done by chevy at the factory. It also has original warn hubs.

Truck is not Military, the PTO winch on the front is - Braden MU2. Some believe it to be the oldest civilian upfitted chevy in existance. Of course there were military chevy 4x4's prior to this. Not civilian.

Chevy and GMC first offered 4x4 as an option in 1956. They bought most all of the production of NAPCO to accomplish this. Prior to 56 all chevy's or GMC's were upfitted with a NAPCO or other kit such as Marmon Herrington. There were several other kits as well. NAPCO kits were fitted to some Fords and Studebakers as well. Fords of that era typically got a Marmon Herrington kit.

I found this truck in Hemmoings Motor News years ago on a ranch in WA. It had been stored in a barn since 1979, started every year though.

1st 2 photos are of truck on the ranch just prior to my puchase of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

67_C-30

1948 Chevy 3800 1 Ton NAPCO, Rare 9 ft extra long bed. 47,000 original miles. Never been registered for the road since new. Has original seat cover. Still 6 volt system. Original wood in the bed. Have all paperwork since new including original keys, service booklet (with oil change tickets still attached) and owners manual. Original split rims, 1950's Goodyears (still in great shape). Has heater and dual horn chevy options as well as the dual tail light option as well. Most of the paint is original, you can still see the original white pinstrips around the cab and on the grille. These pinstripes were done by chevy at the factory. It also has original warn hubs.

Truck is not Military, the PTO winch on the front is - Braden MU2. Some believe it to be the oldest civilian upfitted chevy in existance. Of course there were military chevy 4x4's prior to this. Not civilian.

Chevy and GMC first offered 4x4 as an option in 1956. They bought most all of the production of NAPCO to accomplish this. Prior to 56 all chevy's or GMC's were upfitted with a NAPCO or other kit such as Marmon Herrington. There were several other kits as well. NAPCO kits were fitted to some Fords and Studebakers as well. Fords of that era typically got a Marmon Herrington kit.

I found this truck in Hemmoings Motor News years ago on a ranch in WA. It had been stored in a barn since 1979, started every year though.

VERY NICE!!! I had a '61 GMC 1 ton NAPCO conversion truck once, and I kick myself in the arse for letting that one get away. It was a flatbed and had the big GMC V6 backed by the SM420 and divorced 205 case. It had the 18" 8 hole split dually rims with a 8.25 - 18 tire, IIRC. It had 5.14 gears and it was a beast up to its top speed of about 50!

WARWAG

Is it for sale? lol.... Is it?