• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lets talk about M1010.

2002ford

I just bought one off of GSA. I dont know if it runs or not. I was told it has some duece tires in the back compartment and it shows 13000 miles on it. I am excited to see it and convert it into a camper. I have the addiction bad......... I leave tuesday to go get it. What has other folks done to their 1010`s.

I have read all of the threads on them already. I am just a super newbe looking for any and all the info I can digest. LOL.

Thanks,
Doug.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The charging system is the main issue with the 1010s.

Other than that it is the same is the others.

Looking toward to the pics

dependable

If you are not trying to keep it all original, you might do well to convert from the original charging system, at least replace the "duvac" or whatever the 24v to 12v converter is called. There are some old threads on this. I had one of those blue boxes melt when I got it charging. (mine is a GSA treasure as well).

2002ford

I am starting to think that Crack would be a cheaper addiction. LOL. I will post pics as soon as I return wensday night. I am so hyped....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was also a green one in Ft Myers. Had no engine and no axles. Some type of inmate cleanup crew written on the sides. Sold for almost $500. Scary!

2002ford

White one in MO. Not a hatefull price. I will see it wensday and I will make my decision if I keep it or part it out. I am hoping for a decent vehicle. This would make a great camper and maybe it will tow the M1009 after some mods.

lavarok

White one in MO. Not a hatefull price. I will see it wensday and I will make my decision if I keep it or part it out. I am hoping for a decent vehicle. This would make a great camper and maybe it will tow the M1009 after some mods.
You cant go wrong for the price. Depending on what they did to the charging system will most likely dictate how you proceed, meaning whether you stay with 24v or 12v. If you plan to use the AC that came with the truck, you'll need to keep it 24v. Feel free to PM me with questions once you get the ole girl home. Whether it be the charging system, the surgical fluorescent, ac, or anything M1010 specific; I most likely have the answer.[thumbzup]