• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Letting the Cucv go

Deekers

Im thinking of selling my 1986 cucv, not a clue how much to sell it for. Starts and runs, cold weather starting sometimes is hard, truck has new glow plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, glow plug relay, 315/75/r16 BF goodrich A/T tires, older plow hooked up and works properly, installed a radio into it, painted black, and has a diamond plated toolbox in the back. Drives down the road well, i love the truck but just dont really have time to mess with it and im not a mechanic, so unfortunately i have to let it go... any ideas how much i should try to get for it would be appreciated or any avenues of selling would also be great help thanks.

wayne pick

Woa, now hold on. You just got here. You have some money invested in it, so why give up on it now? If you need help, reach out and ask questions. thats what this fourm is all about. Where in New York are you? If you live close enough, I can help you with the wrench work as I are a mekanik.LOL. PM me if you need help. If you love the truck, try not to loose it. If you need the money, thats another thing. You can post the truck for sale in the classified section. Pics and a detailed discription helps when selling these trucks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ebay or Craigslist maybe. Should be able to get between $1500 / $7500 based on what you said. If you would like to list it here, there is a small fee for use of the classifieds. Pics may help.

BIG_RED

What kind of CUCV are we talking about here? You mentioned a box so I'm guessing it's a M1008.. But this fact makes a fairly large difference in what it's worth.

Prospect62

Im thinking of selling my 1986 cucv, not a clue how much to sell it for. Starts and runs, cold weather starting sometimes is hard, truck has new glow plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, glow plug relay, 315/75/r16 BF goodrich A/T tires, older plow hooked up and works properly, installed a radio into it, painted black, and has a diamond plated toolbox in the back. Drives down the road well, i love the truck but just dont really have time to mess with it and im not a mechanic, so unfortunately i have to let it go... any ideas how much i should try to get for it would be appreciated or any avenues of selling would also be great help thanks.
Where in NY are you? I'm in the market for one. PM me if you're serious about selling.

Skinny

Unless you are hard up for cash or have absolutely no time for hobbies, keep it. The CUCV's are great rigs, easy to work on, cheap to maintain, and a great platform to learn how the tinker.

There is so much information and support on this sight, you shouldn't have any worries getting yourself into a mechanical nightmare unless you need something major replaced like an engine or transmission. Then seek help from a pro.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks