• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lexington KY

grounded

Banned
Just so you know, 2 people will have trouble moving this stupid thing. It is not a small winch.
that i know. the fronts are bad enough. the rears going to be heavier ;)

PM me how much you want for it? i might have to add it to my pick up list. OR always gives me a excuse to come back but i will need sooner or later to get me a rear winch for it

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ahh.. I've seen JCP-7's trailer, it's a LONG booger, and the axles are way back. It's also full height... which could be very bad, the M819 is a tall truck, the crane on the back sits way up there, it's taller than any other wrecker....

Little edit, looks like he has a M270a1, which is a drop deck. Still would have to double check stuff, from what I've read and seen, M819 is 11 foot up, which only leaves you 30 inches to the 13' 6" legal height.

Last edited:

grounded

Banned
WOW that M270A1 pulls like a dream. LANCE i shoulda went ahead and out bid you.

DO I REALLY HAVE TO RETURN IT TO YOU!!!! Ill buy you a lower deck trailer for trade rofl rofl

Truck ran 55-60 all way home and never knew it was there. Later tonight will take and load the trailer to prep for the trip.

CT dont worry ill have plenty of pics of the adventure ;)

grounded

Banned
WELL now i need to ask you brake masters a question.

Was using the 818 today to move another truck with my other trailer, no issues worked fine as normal. I parked the 818 with the lowboy at 2pm. took off to get some other work and such done today.
Finally went back at 10pm to go unhook from the trailer and hook up the M270 so i can leave at day break. I unhooked the trailer, then started the 818, pulled forward about 20' and it felt like i actually had the truck pulling a FULL LOAD!!!! Im not hooked to nothing. SO i check the brake pedal and its STIFF!! figure i just had a brake problem so i now have to fix it.

First i drained the air tanks to see if its building to much pressure. With truck OFF and tanks empty. The pedal is still STIFF as a board. NO AIR in the tanks, trucks not hooked to anything. WHY do i have a stiff PEDAL!! I need to get this truck fixed ASAP as i have a borrowed trailer that i think the Owner would like back soon as im done.

If you have a short cut to the page i can look let me know, im going to go check the manuals and also run a search, but any advice you guys can give me NOW would help me save time. Anyways THANKS in advance

grounded

Banned
Well today was cancelled as to my brake issues, I have to see now if the owner of the trailer will let me borrow it for another day or 2. If not i got to find a way to get it back to his place.

But if can keep it and get my truck fixed tomorrow is there anyone up for wed?

I now have the brakes back expect i have a REALLY spungy peddle. It has to go about half way before i start to even feel it and i cant lock the brakes down no more. I got to get a GOOD brake peddle before i will even chance going after my truck with it. 80k# and not good truck brakes IS NOT a smart move ;)

grounded

Banned
tell you this afternoon ;) heading out now to bleed what i hope is just little air bubble still in them

Shes fixed and brakes are working ;) Now time for a trip. Who's game? ;)

Last edited:

grounded

Banned
So anyone ready for a trip for a day? Still needing a person to give me a hand if possible

Leaving bright and early. Pics will be here tomorrow

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Nah, I was just seeing if I could provoke a responce! :twisted:

Sounded like everything is fine. What do you think this combo weighs in at?

818 pulling a 270(a2?) with an 819 on it. NICE!

Let me be the first...

nopicsnopicsnopics
:driver:

grounded

Banned
LOL.. dang gimp you told the truth i was going to join in..

Lance TY TY TY TY for the trailer
DAVEP thanks for all the help and questions
Gimp thanks for the harrassment ;)

Well she beat all your guys odds lol. pulled 55-58 all the way home and 45-50 up hills. ONLY couple times i had to hit 4th gear but she didnt go below 40 ;)

will do write and pics tomorrow. shes still sitting on the trailer infront of the loading dock, got to unload it in the morning and take this nice trailer back to the other owner :cry:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks