• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Licenced my M-819 and trailer today !

jason@snakeriver

Went down to DMV and licenced my M-819 aircraft recovery wrecker and matching M-270 drop deck trailer. Licenced them for 50,000 lb.s.
I pulled onto the local scale and got a light weight - 47,300 lb. :roll: Good greif, all I have room for is a M-274 Mule and a beer cooler :lol:
Guess I had better go down and jack up the registration to 80,000 if I expect to haul anything.
Hopeing to go to the local air show this week end and carry down my WC-51 and WC-25.
There is a lot of steel in that darn trailer. Tom

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
At least a picture of the mule and the cooler full of beer...

Do you have it licenced as a commercial vehicle or historic?

Sure would like to see the set up in color.

jason@snakeriver

THe air show is on the 14th, give me a week and with any luck I will get a picture with it full of MV's.
It is registered as a farm vehicle in Idaho. No miliage fuel tax requirement if under 7500 miles a year and no CDL is required.

jason@snakeriver

s for beig ina Red state, I live 30 miles north of the redest town in the US. Rexburg, ID. We do not have democrats in this area. So when we have an election, everyone is a Republican and it is all over in the primary.
Hated to see Larry Craig go down in flames, he did us a lot of good.

steelandcanvas

I lived in Nampa, Idaho for about 11 years and had a good laugh with my Dad. I called him up one election year and told him I met someone he should meet. He said "who's that"? I said "the only other Democrat in Canyon County"! He laughingly responded with "you ahole"! Talk about a Red State! I too liked Senator Craig.

tamangel

Chap says:
"Gotta love the Red States and the still American part of the country."
I'm an American and proud of it and believe it or not, I live in a Blue State.

Mike

"When even the brightest mind in our world has been trained up from
childhood in a superstition of any kind, it will never be possible
for that mind, in its maturity, to examine sincerely, dispassionately,
and conscientiously any evidence or any circumstance which shall seem
to cast a doubt upon the validity of that superstition. I doubt if I
could do it myself." - Mark Twain