• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

License plate light

Z71

Cops here in Florida are stopping motorists with non functional license plate lights. I do not have any on my deuce, as it is a military vehicle. I used a galvanized bracket from a marine store to mount the license plate between the two bumperettes in the back but I do not have a license plate light. As long as I do not drive the truck at night, I am OK. However, I would like to add a license plate light to be on a safe side. Anybody has a good idea how to make one of those?

scoutmanadam

you can just buy a cheap 12 volt set up from napa or were ever and throw in a 24 volt bulb. then just wire it in to your tail lights using a water proof connector of any type. thats all there is to it

gunboy1656

Search the site as it has been covered a few times, in one of the threads I posted about the light set up I did. Don't forget which of the many it was in right now.

Tlauden

I didn't wire it up yet, but I got 2 licencse plate lights from tractor supply, they are each 12 volt, I'm going to mount them side by side and just wire them in series off of the driver side tail light. It should work just fine in theory:p

stumps

I'm currently working on making a removable lighted license plate holder that mounts onto the trailer connector on the back of the deuce.... That way, when you are in a show, or something where you don't want your truck's appearance marred by a civy license plate, you just unplug the license plate.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks