• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

license plate mounting ideas

KansasBobcat

I used 2 inch AL angle the length of plate. Drill hole and bolt to stabilizer bracket. You can mount it under or on top of the bracket. I used rivnuts for license plate screws but you can just use regular nuts. Easily removed if you need to attach stabilizer leg. I hate to drill holes unless covered by MWO. No pics because I haven't tried.Hope this is clear.

Blake

2 strips of Velcro (attached by double stick tape to the tailgate and license plate) from the hardware store.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I used is a old license plate frame that I picked up at a salvage yard . It is the type of plate frame that folds down for the gas fill , Folds down for the drive to the show ,folds up at the show100_1485[1].jpg100_1486[1].jpg

dnote

What I used is a old license plate frame that I picked up at a salvage yard . It is the type of plate frame that folds down for the gas fill , Folds down for the drive to the show ,folds up at the showView attachment 514032View attachment 514033
I have the same thing for my front plate on my truck. It's to bolt over my winch and flip up when I need it. Search eBay for license plate brackets, I believe spyder was the brand.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used 2 inch AL angle the length of plate. Drill hole and bolt to stabilizer bracket. You can mount it under or on top of the bracket. I used rivnuts for license plate screws but you can just use regular nuts.
Keith_J fabbed one up similar to this for me. Only one pic as he's borrowing the trailer at the moment. You can use a single bolt or detent pin to hold the bracket in then pop it out when you want to take it off. I need to make a quick release wiring set up so the light will work but other than that it's ready to go. You can see it's a regular license plate bracket riveted to the piece that goes over the stabilizer bracket. Bob's sounds easier but I wanted something with a license plate light in case I get caught out late.

003.jpg

Google "dealer magnetic license plate mount"... Pop it on when running, lock it up when parked.
Not a lot of places for a magnetic holder on an aluminum trailer. I had to zip tie my recovery lights to the stabalizer brackets as there wasn't any other place the magnetic bases would latch on to.

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pawnshop has something along the lines of Mkcoen's bracket that pins to the stabilizer mount. His light is battery powered (AA, perhaps?), so no need for extra wires. I'll see if I can get him to chime in.

Cheers

Keith_J

Yes, I have an idea for the wiring. The left rear marker lamp is close enough, just need a two pin quick connect and a pair of Scotchlock connections to make it work.

You have to be careful when towing behind a true military vehicle because the license plate light is 12 volt. Of course behind my CUCV, that isn't an issue. Marker lamps are dim but sufficient. The LEDs are not an issue.

cyclic

I used two small brackets, screwed them on to hold the LED lights around the plate. Then bolted the plate directly to the rear after drilling and tapping two holes to fit. The wires for the LED's hook into the marker lights next to the plate.

IMAG0415.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks