• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Blocks

buccaneer

I'm looking to break into the Deuce world and looking at one for sale with lift blocks... Is there an issue with Axle wrap with lift blocks on these axles???

Signed,
Ignorant(of Deuces) in Arkansas

Flea

You won't need lift blocks for really any tire combination, unless you're trying to rock crawl with a deuce (which you shouldn't). You'd most likely run into issues with clearance between the two rear axles before you'd have trouble with tire-to-body problems.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
i have seen people put them in the front of bobbers to make 14.00's and 1600s fit nicer and look nicer. not the way i would do it though. i have seen alot of mud trucks built that weigh almost as much as a bobber would and they are running lif blocks that are weld on, and huge tractor tires. they seem to hold together under abuse situations but i dont know how they would fare or how safe they would be on the road. on another note, at my job we have a heavy box truck with a i beam front axle, it has what look to be 4" blocks in the front of it and its brand new right from the dealer like that.

buccaneer

Thank you all for the replies... I think I may look for an unmolested truck and toy with it "stock" for awhile to see what I like and don't like...

Man those things are just plain sweet.

I'll keep lurking...

Corey

FreightTrain

Banned
I wouldn't use lift blocks on a Yugo let alone a deuce......unless I used it as a Wheel chock.Lift blocks are dangerous period.No matter how or where they are used.That is why They are actually illegal in a few states.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If my memory is correct, the M35A3 has about a 2" block in the front. Can someone with one, confirm this?

I have seen many newer, big trucks, with up to 6" lift blocks, on the front axles.

buccaneer

if done right blocks are not a big issue. i just dont like them in the front due to possible axle wrap while steering. if theres correct axle traction linkages they are really safe but most dont have that
This has been my experience with smaller rigs (jeeps) and a traction bar would prevent the axle wrap that could occur with steering or worse, braking. Traction bars work to prevent axle wrap, but I can't recall ever seeing one on the front axle.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
This has been my experience with smaller rigs (jeeps) and a traction bar would prevent the axle wrap that could occur with steering or worse, braking. Traction bars work to prevent axle wrap, but I can't recall ever seeing one on the front axle.
i havent seen them on road vehicles, but i have seen alot of big mud trucks with 2.5 tons that have the whole bar setup and blocks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks