• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Gate for M934A2?

Gunny65

I have seen a few 934s with a lift gate installed. I have also been looking for one to install on my truck. So far I have had no luck and it could be because I am unsure what will fit. I don't care if it is original or aftermarket, does anyone know where to get a lift gate for these trucks?

I have not seen one on GL or any of the military surplus sites. I sent a message to two surplus sites but have not heard back. I did a search on the two 5 ton forums and found references to a lift gate but no actual ways to get one. Help would be appreciated, thanks much.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
All the ones that I have seen look like lift gates but are really big deck and ramps that fold out. I had one with a swing out hoist for lifting gear in. I saw a cargo truck with lift gate in pictures a few years back it went thru gl auction in Georgia I believe. It had really tall rails that went straight up and seemed a bit impractical to be honest. You may be able to improvise a modern lift gate though. The swing out hoist thing seemed to be practical though. It could be stashed when not in use.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The older m820a2? had the folding tailgate lift. GoldnEagle has one if you need pics or details.

There was one m923 pic here painted Grey with a rail tailgate lift. They are very limited use probably lifting 55 gal barrels as a truck with a rail lift can not back up to a loading dock like a folding tailgate.

Tommy Gate is the premier manufacturer to most fleets and rental.
http://www.tommygate.com/

Gunny65

The crane would be useful but I am wanting the whole platform model. I like the folding gates listed on Tommygate. My only concern is how low the side rails look in the pics. I guess I would need to call them and have my width, floor height and lowest point I would accept the rails to extend down. I do not want to lose any clearance in the back. I imagine the pintle hook is the lowest point back there now. I wouldn't want anything lower than that. I also like the straight lift model. The gates that lift out/away from the truck and down are not what I have in mind.

I figured since everything else that comes on these trucks seem to be available somewhere, there would be a POC for the standard military version that came with these trucks. I understand they can be jerky though when moving down. I am exploring my options at this point. Thanks for info so far. If I find anything useful, I will post it in this thread. I am still open to options and sources if anyone has them.

quickfarms

Any lift gate will have trade offs.

The first problem with using a commercial lift gate on a military truck is the bed height is greater than a standard civilian truck

The tommy gate has those vertical rails

Gunny65

I guess I will need to keep an eye out for a truck with one on it and see if I can get the whole thing cheaper then buying a new lift gate. I really don't need another truck but if it works out that way, oh well. :)

goldneagle

Goldeneagle, That is what I was looking for. It has the clearance and side rails can be added. Looks good. Is that one yours?
That was my first M820A2. Cost me over $10k about 5 years ago. Sold it due to money crunch. Ran into a XM820A2 about a year or so at Camp Shelby for $3K grabbed it! I love that truck. The paint on the XM820A2 is all faded compared to the first truck but $7K less. The cab is spotless.

Attachments