• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lift gate on a deuce?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone here ever put a lift gate on the back end of a deuce? I've seen them on M820 vans, but not on a deuce. The under-frame stuff on a standard -35 might prevent it, but perhaps on a M36A2?

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Over at Jack's Surplus I saw an Expansible with a lift gate. I think the deuce frame rails are the same width as the 5-ton, just taller.

dc3coyote

Thanks for reminding me Kenny, I have missed that truck every day since I got rid of it. I think when I get home I will track the new owner down and buy it back from him. That liftgate closed hard enough to throw my GP med halfway across the bed, and launch me all the way to the front of the bed.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had wanted to check out the one at Ft Sam just to see how they had done the hydraulics but never made it down there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks