• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lift gate?

joe7077

lift gate on m109

i have a 1960 m109 shop van with a 2000lb lift on the back of it. it's pretty handy and fits snugly underneath. you can buy it if you want to, $2000 and i'll throw in the truck. the picture is the only one i have on the computer right now, i can get more if you need them. let me know. (it does fold up flat to the truck, i just leave it flat like a veranda)

Attachments

dc3coyote

I had a lift gate Duece, it was a 3000 lb Maxom, with a electric motor. Somewhere I have some pics, but there should be some from the FL rally. We used it to lift the front of my Pinz 712. It also lifted a 2.5 Rockwell.

jesusgatos

i have a 1960 m109 shop van with a 2000lb lift on the back of it. it's pretty handy and fits snugly underneath. you can buy it if you want to, $2000 and i'll throw in the truck. the picture is the only one i have on the computer right now, i can get more if you need them. let me know. (it does fold up flat to the truck, i just leave it flat like a veranda)
That's EXACTLY what I wanted to build for my M109 motorhome conversion. Was that 'stock' (as in - for/from the military)? Do you think you could take a few more pictures for me so I could see how it's laid-out?

joe7077

yeah i could take some more pictures. if i don't forget tonight i'll get some and see if i can't get a name off of it. it's been raining here for about a day straight so that'll hamper my ability to do much crawling underneath it tho'. it uses a pump off of the transfer case i believe, with it's own oil resevoir. i was serious when i said i'd sell it so if you can't find one or find out that building one out is too expensive let me know and we can haggle. hopefully i'll get some pic's to you tommorow morning.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for bringing this up vtach. I am looking for the same thing. I see lots of used liftgates, various types, on Craigslist for around $500. New dealer cost for a Tommygate is around $1250.

What has stopped me so far is that most of them have a lot of mechanism that stows under the rear of the truck that might block off other things like the hitch and catch on stuff if there is any off roading.

My dad is a Tommygate dealer, and he said the best kind for this type of truck is the gate that will bolt into the side of the bed for support.

joe7077

i have the pictures of the lift gate that is attached to my m109. you can see that it does take up alot of the space underneath the truck and would pretty much eliminate putting a hitch on it unless you get very clever about how you mount it. sorry i couldn't get underneath to try and get a name off of it but it was really muddy. i can try again by wednesday, it's supposed to be done snowing by then and be up around 60, should be dried out enough by then.

Attachments

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for a bedside mount too. Let me know if you come up with something, and I will do the same. I may even decide to fab up something.

Gruemeyer

Reviving an old thread?

I just recovered a 1993 M109 .. We are turning into a retail store show truck " Zombie Thumper"

One thing I thought about was adding a lift on the back so I can roll my Can Am up on the lift and raise up to box level to haul same.
Also to add removable or folding side rails to use as a porch or Gun Mounting platform when on display at Gun Shows etc.

I have my box of crayolas out and working on ideas

All Ideas and thoughts appreciated, no matter how wild?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks