• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift kit install done

japickar

Looks good.

You will probably be ok with the Humvee rims and swaybar still installed, but I am going to have to trim my fenders pretty good to clear my Humvee tires that I have mounted on 9.75" rims and I have a 6" lift (and my swaybar is removed). They do not rub just riding around on the road but when I flex it out the front tires get into the fenders pretty good. I actually bent my driver side fender a little the other day.

warwag, snow in nevada? wow, its 70 or so even here in N.E. Ohio... sorry to rub it in... Ranch, if getting in is difficult with your back probs, and you dont want to add a real step or nerfbars, theres an old school trick that may help you. you can build stirrup-style steps with a bit of chain, and bolt to your rockers... you can even weld a few of the links at the bottom to make a flat footing area, but leave the other links free. then you have a step, but itll just drag over most obstacles freely, and you can even make a mount to hang them up out of the way when not in use... cheap, easy to make, and kinda tuff-looking if done right... just a thought, do with it what you wish...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great!

I'm interested in the spacers you used, and where you bought them.

Also, what tire pressure have you chosen? ( I have been running 45psi, but mine are on stock type rims, not Humvee rims)

IdahoPlowboy

I understand what it is like having trouble getting into a lifted truck,I have been in a wheelchair for 19 years. I had a 1984 Chevy truck with 36 swampers and 4 inches of lift and Bushwacker cutout flares, I had a tough time getting in and out of that truck but just couldnt give it up, It was my daily driver before I lost my legs and I just couldnt let it go or lower it. I now have my M1009 and have to be happy with it just the way it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks