• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift kit install done

ranchhopper

warwag, snow in nevada? wow, its 70 or so even here in N.E. Ohio... sorry to rub it in... Ranch, if getting in is difficult with your back probs, and you dont want to add a real step or nerfbars, theres an old school trick that may help you. you can build stirrup-style steps with a bit of chain, and bolt to your rockers... you can even weld a few of the links at the bottom to make a flat footing area, but leave the other links free. then you have a step, but itll just drag over most obstacles freely, and you can even make a mount to hang them up out of the way when not in use... cheap, easy to make, and kinda tuff-looking if done right... just a thought, do with it what you wish...
I have made steps out of chain on the equipment at work I will deal with it until I really need to do something about it.

ranchhopper

Looks great!

I'm interested in the spacers you used, and where you bought them.

Also, what tire pressure have you chosen? ( I have been running 45psi, but mine are on stock type rims, not Humvee rims)
I bought billet spacers from an outfit called rigged up they had competitive prices and free shipping they were sent priority mail and were good quality. I have 50 PSI in them but they are on stock humvee wheels mine came right off the humvee they were never disassembled.

TCUCV

50 psi??? I have 12 bolt H1 wheels & tires and the max psi is 30, says so right on the tire. Just thought 50 was a little high for the H1 tires.

Truck looks good man, I just did the rough country 4" lift and love it! It never stops though, you always want to make something better.

dave wells

how hard was it to put on......did everything fit right and did you have everything you needed with the rough country kit........i ask because im lookin at gettin the same lift any comments you have or advice would be great thanks

by the way it looks awesome:jumpin:

ranchhopper

The only thing to consider is that you have to lift the body of the truck pretty high to get the springs under it. A forklift works really well for that but a set of really big blocks on a floor jack will work I was lucky everything unbolted easily.

japickar

how hard was it to put on......did everything fit right and did you have everything you needed with the rough country kit........i ask because im lookin at gettin the same lift any comments you have or advice would be great thanks

If you have a 1008 you will need to buy different u-bolts for the front as well as another form of steering correction as these parts that come with the kit will not work on the D60 front axle. Depending on how you lift the rear you may need different u-bolts for it as well.

If you keep those 10 bolt axles in your truck, however, you can install the kit with the parts it comes with.

ranchhopper

If you have a 1008 you will need to buy different u-bolts for the front as well as another form of steering correction as these parts that come with the kit will not work on the D60 front axle. Depending on how you lift the rear you may need different u-bolts for it as well.

If you keep those 10 bolt axles in your truck, however, you can install the kit with the parts it comes with.
All the correct parts were in the kit I ordered direct from the factory and spoke directly with their rep they knew what I needed. The U-bolts didnt come with the kit I took an old one from the rear and one from each side in the front and had a local shop make me a set and I went with new springs all the way around.

WARWAG

You can order the correct U blots from O.R.D. Off Road Design. Check there site out for other great suspension stuff as well. If you go with the 36" or 37" tires you will need to get the steering box brace. With the big tires and lift the frame holding the steering box likes to crack.