• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lift Kit

AK_M1028

I in the middle of installing the lift on my M1028. I got called to work so I only got the front installed so far. I'm going with the ORD shackle flip in the rear and did find that it would affect the load capacity of a M1028. The M1028 has an overload spring which contacts brackets connected to the frame when loaded heavily. Unless I relocate the brackets down lower, the overloads will be useless. I have a plan to do this because I haul 3,800# in the rear of the truck quite often. I'll take pictures of my solution in a couple of week when I get home.

maritimer

well i got the last of the pieces for my lift kit so to speak.
i have an unending supplky of truck and transport parts via dead rigs at my g/f fathers place so we went out and found that the spring pack from a trailer is the right width and that the top 2 leaves in each pack are only 3" shorter then the main leaves in the m1009's packs sooooo. using the first 2 leaves of each pack fro mthe trailer i have enough to add 1 leaf to each corner of the truck. while the ride will be a tad stiffer it should get net me 2.5"'s of lift after settling which will allow for 33's without cutting and 35's with minor trimming * i can go 33's now but would need to trim the front 1/4" around if i plan on compressing the tire into the well fully*. total costs

case of beer for the g/f brother to do the work $30
spring packs- payment for pulling a bus engine and setting into new vehicle frame with m1009's winch
spring center bolts 4x $1.30

next task 3.73 gears and trying to fit a cat engine and mated trans out of a topkick into the m1009 :twisted:

Rebelpride

I have finally found a lift kit. I will be going with the Skyjacker 4" kit as they are the only
company I found that offered a kit for a 1ton truck, everybody else only sold a 1/2 & 3/4 ton kit. I can get the kit with shocks to my door for $538, then after I install it I'll check to see if I need to drop the arm or not.

84cucv1ton

a 1 ton lift kit went from my beat k30 to my friends 3/4 ton. pretty sure they are the same.

diy4x.com makes some really nice parts too. i have some.

AJMBLAZER

Eh...don't take this wrong but you're the ONLY place I've ever heard that. Thin frames in that area. For $150 or less it's cheap insurance.

Seen stock trucks with 29" tires cracked there.

CCATLETT1984

when you look at the way that crossover steering changes the forces on the steering box,(from a front to back swisting, to a top to bottom twisting) it places stress on the frame in a wider area. I agree that the brace isnt a bad idea for peace of mind (i may eventually put one on my truck), but its not needed for crossover setups.

Croatan_Kid

Mine rides better because of the new springs up front and new gas shocks all around. Plus my tires only have 30 PSI front and 25 PSI rear, but they're rated up to 80 PSI at 4805 pounds....they're thick to say the least.

Come to think of it, I've never really ridden in a lifted truck that rode "bad", perhaps slightly worse than stock, but not much more.

Croatan_Kid

Yes, definitely! You can get a package of 4 ProComp ES9000 shocks with an ES2000 steering stabilizer for 160 bucks plus shipping and tax from 4WheelParts! That's what I did, it tooks them a few days to get here, but if you're close to Raleigh or Charlotte you could just run to their retail store and grab them.

AJMBLAZER

Rough Country Nitro 9000's. Nitrogen charged monotubes (ala Bilsteins) for less than $35 each from JCWhitney. ProComp's ES9000's are twin tubes.

Rebelpride

I cant stand the shocks that you have to buy the boots separate, it might be a good
price but then you add the price of a boot and you can find one with a boot cheaper.

AJMBLAZER

Shock boots are a waste of money. Haven't run them in years except for the metal ones on conventional shocks.

At any rate the Nitro 9000's came with the boots. If anyone wants a set of four red ones mine aren't doing anything. You pay shipping and they're yours.