• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lifted CUCV and M101A2 trailer question.

NICK_M1009

Hey guys question for ya,

I've been thinking of a 4" lift and 33" tires for the M1009. But I also been eye-ballin the M101A2 trailers.

So my question is how much is it going to affect the trailer if the pintle hitch is around 6" higher? Will it make a big difference as the trailer might be at a unsafe angle, or is there a way to modify something on the trailer to make up for the lift on the 09?

Thanks for your time, Nick

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put 33s on the trailer. You could probably add a zero rate block as well. Handling will be affected but how much I just can't say. Probably be better to add a receiver hitch with a drop.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Buy an M101A3 with 37" tires.

storeman

i've got a m101a3 with 37" tires in great shape. see attached pictures. i am keeping the trailer but going to lower tires because it is to be used as a utility trailer behind a chevy 1/2 ton pick up. these wheels and tires will fit a m101a2 but you have to take care to protect the parking brake cables as i understand other threads on this subject. if you are interested in the wheels and tires, PM me and let me know. won't be home and able to do it until late april though.
jerry

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks