• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lifted m1008 be ok for hauling and towing??

84cucv1ton

My front springs, bushings and shocks are shot. I was thinking about throwing on four-inch lift springs shackle flip in the rear.

Where would like to know. Obviously the truck will be a bit taller. I have 36 inch tires on it now for more road speed. I don't think the lift would affect it much thought I would ask anyway.. Thanks let me know what you guys think

jw4x4

Hauling is no issue, except it's more work because you have to lift everything higher to get it in the bed.
For towing, make sure your receiver is as stout as you can get. Then figure out the height of the hitch ball with the trailer LEVEL. Get the correct length drop-hitch and make SURE it's a solid type, because that will be the weak link. Some of the solid aluminum drops are rated @ 10k lbs and are height adjustable.

MarcusOReallyus

I use mine to haul firewood. It does a fine job. Lift specs in signature link.

Now that is a load of wood! :beer:

That's what I bought mine for. Between the M1008 and the M102 trailer, I think I can haul a couple of sticks.

'Course, a lot of my firewood sticks are 30-40 inches across. :mrgreen:

Matt65

Sorry for the HiJack but Matt65, are those stock rims with 37X12.50X16.50's? or some other rim?
They are factory GM 16.5's, not factory to the 1008, but an older Civi donor truck. The full size spare I got mounted later was actually on a 16.5" Ford wheel. Back in the day the 8 lug pattern matched GM to Ford. Check the link out in my signature for more details. The narrow wheel helps keep sufficient bead pressure since they are not bead lockers. I ditched the 2 piece and run flat (removed below) to preserve the limited HPs.

Last edited: