• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light cage?

Lorax

Time to spend more money.

Was looking at some older posts and came across this picture. I think it's Nickd. PM was sent. But, in case I got the user/picture mixed up, does anyone know where a safety cage can be found like the one protecting the convoy/warning light in this picture?

My convoy lights only get mounted for parades, etc, but I'm still worried about that one Murphy rock hitting them going down the road.

Thanks.

Attachments

Lorax

The one from awdirect would work for protecting the light from branches, but not rocks thrown up by other vehicles. Maybe a mesh could be wrapped around it tho. Thats a possibility. The one on Nick's truck looks factory good.

CliffW

I talked with nickd about them and he had a friend that made them for him and did not want to make any more. I then talked with a steel fab shop and it was not cost effective to make one set. He will make them just like nickd’s. If he made 10 sets for me the cost would be $130 for the set. If I had 20 sets made it would come down to $80 a set. I do not want to buy 10 or 20 set hoping that they will sale. If I can come up with the people take will commit and stick to it I will have them made but do not want to get stuck with them..

CliffW

Lorax said:
CliffW, if you find 8 other people interested in a set, plus yourself, I'll be the 10th person.
lorax,
sounds good if we can get 8 or more on board that want them and will stick to it I will have them made. I just don't want to tie up $1300 and hope to sale them not a big market and I don't have the extera money right now. I would think that everone that had convoy lights would want them I sure like the looks of them.
Heres a better picture of them. When I showed the guy the picture he also suggested to use a bigger expanded metal such as 3/4 number 9 if I remeber correct. I would let out more light and still protect them.

Attachments

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I will be the ninth man (wish I could say that like they did in The 13th Warrior). I'll back it up with a deposit if need be.

CliffW, where in the world did you get that avatar?? NONE of my fellow Marines looked like that! :shock:

Cheers

Lorax

Just to bump this back up in case there are more buyers. I can also send in a deposit if it helps gets production started. I'll talk to another fellow that's buying a set of lights to see if he wants some too.