• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light issues

M35A2sand

Hey guys new to the site, just got my first duece, a 1972 M35A2. Love it so far other than the lights are kinda kickin my @$$. I have the manual and it is saying that there is no way to run the headlights, and have running lights in the rear, i am planning on doing allot of on road driving so i was wondering if anyone has messed with making like a custom panel to control the lights. Just curious what the best way to go about this was....

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In "Service Drive" you'll have headlights and tail lights. You will not have the front parking lights unless you modify the wiring. Do a search, there are plenty of threads about this easy modification.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You are not reading right, if the light switch is set right, you have headlights and rear lights

M35A2sand

Sorry guys. Now I feel like a complete moron, regardless, thank you for your replies, I suppose that picture is misleading in that manual, it kinda implies that the right rear tail light will not be on in service drive... (see attatchment) I couldn't just fire it up and check because my levers are broke off of my switch and need to order a new one, thanks again for the quick replies!

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey guys new to the site, just got my first duece, a 1972 M35A2. Love it so far other than the lights are kinda kickin my @$$. I have the manual and it is saying that there is no way to run the headlights, and have running lights in the rear, i am planning on doing allot of on road driving so i was wondering if anyone has messed with making like a custom panel to control the lights. Just curious what the best way to go about this was....
At least your reading the manual, thank you, YOU READ, WE HELP

Last edited:

islandguydon

Since his handles are all broke off, wouldn't it be prudent to pick up the new age push button light control switch, I think that would solve his problem. Sorry I don't have a picture of that one for M35A2sand.

CobraCDR

When all else fails and the pictures are confusing, turn them on and walk around the vehicle so you see and understand what lights up and what doesn't at each setting.

Tlauden

For on road driving, Mods are necessary IMHO. Its simple if you have basic Wiring Skills. Personally i wired my Marker/Running lights to the main power, that way they are on no matter what

JOEDEUCE

1970 Jeep M35A2 lights

I have an interesting issue with my rear brake / tail lights. with the head lights on my tail lamps light up, my turn signals function however when i hit the brake my right side running light completely cuts off and there is no brake light on that side either. as for the driver side the running lamp remains on but no brake light ..... any ideas?

rednckii

Im having an issue with mine in the rear can get the right side tail/marker/and stop but nothing on the left. Have checked the ground and bulbs. Not getting any power to the light just installed new wiring harness front and rear yet still have this problem. Could it be the light switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks