• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light mount options

Wire Fox

What are the options for over head mounts like this? The actual mount/ bar not the lights and not exactly like this but the idea.

View attachment 664788
I do agree...that looks pretty sharp. Looks like you can find it and similar ones on Adv 4x4: http://store.adv4x4.com/lighting1.html

My HMMWV has the two front brackets used for the camouflage storage rack on it...those leave a couple of good bolt points to either mount separate light on, or I could fabricate a bar to go between them and house lights/a light bar along it. Though personally, I'd rather have the storage rack and mount lights onto it, if truly needed.

scalpelarms

My HMMWV has the two front brackets used for the camouflage storage rack on it...those leave a couple of good bolt points to either mount separate light on, or I could fabricate a bar to go between them and house lights/a light bar along it. Though personally, I'd rather have the storage rack and mount lights onto it, if truly needed.
What storage rack do you mean?

ari

basically bent a metal tube that fit around the windshield frame. Cut 4 tabs out 1/8 x 1 steel flat bar maybe 3 inch long if i remember correctly. attached the tabs to the bar so they lined up with the mirror bolt holes. the bolts go through mirror mounts and trough the tabs into the windshield frame. 24 volt leds and led light bar mounts off of epay. I run the front and rear led lights, radio other electronics through a mrap power distribution switch box.

Wire Fox

What storage rack do you mean?
This'un. Good luck finding one. I've seen the rack itself, but I've never seen the brackets (except for the front, lower brackets that came on my HMMWV). Haven't asked around here for the parts, though. If you want to see it in the TM, search for "Camouflage Storage Rack" ...it's part of the "Prime Mover" kit intended for the M1097 or any chassis with a higher GVWR.

TM-9-2320-280-20-3_874_2.jpg

Last edited:

scalpelarms

This'un. Good luck finding one. I've seen the rack itself, but I've never seen the brackets (except for the front, lower brackets that came on my HMMWV). Haven't asked around here for the parts, though. If you want to see it in the TM, search for "Camouflage Storage Rack" ...it's part of the "Prime Mover" kit intended for the M1097 or any chassis with a higher GVWR.

View attachment 664875
Those are super cool man, too bad we cant get them. That we can find easily at least.

Action

I have that rack and 3 boxes of hardware and brackets....
Doogles68, that thing in your pick is a light bar. Thr cover folds down to keep thr light off the hood.

doogles68

I've seen the Ibis-Tek light bars come up on the forum classifieds occasionally. Anyone know if they can be purchased direct or someone that has a consistent supply? Also, I've heard that the side mirror brackets are weak...anyone fabricate these brackets themselves or reinforce?

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen the Ibis-Tek light bars come up on the forum classifieds occasionally. Anyone know if they can be purchased direct or someone that has a consistent supply? Also, I've heard that the side mirror brackets are weak...anyone fabricate these brackets themselves or reinforce?
I have not had luck, nor heard of anyone else, get a response back from Ibis Tek. You can find them on eBay (the 24" seem to be more readably available), but I bought mine from TedG on SteelSoldiers here. I've never seen the interior control box sold separately from the long 66" or 72" light bars though.

Maybe I put extra stress on the side brackets because I flipped them around (left to right and right to left) to fit the 66" bar on my deuce - or the fact that the M35A2 cab is tapered more than the HMMWV (which flexes the brackets more), or the spacer blocks form a pressure point, but I had one bracket crack (they're aluminum).
image.jpg image.jpg

I had both professionally reinforced. If I have issues with them again, then I'll have them remade with thicker steel.

2016-06-18 12.01.52.jpg

Last edited:

TedG

The flat brackets, that crack from work hardening, we're made for the 78" halogen lightbar. The curved ones were for adapting 66" HID lightbar to mount in same position, it too will crack. People, including myself have used the curved one on M35's and M800 series trucks. I have made, and others as well, all steel brackets but I don't make them anymore. 78" are hard to find. 66" are still around, but not many. For 66", they were made for m1114 and m1151 series trucks. Different hd brackets that mount to armor above windshield. The m1114 brackets are easy to use with M998 series trucks. Even better with a custom made passenger side bracket that allows the snorkel to stay in place. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks