• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Light switch issue

topgun217

Has anyone ever converted the old style hmmwv light toggle swith to the new touch style. I guess I should say swapped out. Do the wires still connect the same way. I am trying to replace the left lower toggle or find a new one, the lower broke off and the headlights wont work without it.

Thanks for any help

hummer4x4guy

Im on about my 4th light switch now. Those switches are great when they work. But if you get a voltage spike to big it will fry em and they will not work. ALWAYS keep your spare old style with you on the road if your push button fails.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im on about my 4th light switch now. Those switches are great when they work. But if you get a voltage spike to big it will fry em and they will not work. ALWAYS keep your spare old style with you on the road if your push button fails.
As I have previously suggested, do install a switch between the new light switch and supply voltage, it is an electronic device and should (must?) not be connected to power when cranking the engine.

Attachments

wsucougarx

I've gotten two of those touchpad light switches in my trucks. The first thing I do is uninstall and list them on ebay;-) Replaced them with the tried and true lever switch. I love them because most people who get in my truck think it's part of the ignition system:razz: They ask me which switch needs to be where to start the truck up...lol. Not only is it a light switch but it doubles as my theft deterrent...LOL

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The early switches had issues. Mine has been in my truck for over 5 years with zero problems.2cents

Army Ed

The push button ones are pretty looking but are prone to early failure. cant go wrong with the good old fashion one

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks