• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lights and Flashers issue..

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a gremlin somewhere. New headlight switch, new brake light switch, all fuses checked replaced, all bulbs checked replaced, 2 new flashers. Drivers side rear taillight ground checked and cleaned, and the rear light harness ground checked and cleaned.

Problem: When the service light switch is "on" the drivers side rear flasher/signal part of the taillight bulb stays illuminated.

All other lights and turn signals work. BUT the hazard lights will not work/flash

Headlights work high and low, along with front side markers and front parking lights

Passenger side tail light functions correctly.

Ideas? Thanks, David

dougco1

still sounds like a bad ground in the rear taillight assembly. Try to install a temporary ground to the frame or a 12 volt power jumper to the flasher. Does the drivers side turn signal work front and back? The flashers will not work if it doesn't sense the proper voltage.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep I m with ya on the ground issue. It was the first things i checked. All the turn signals work, front and rear both sides. Except the drivers side rear which stay on, but will flash with the signal turned on. The hazard lights will not flash gut the dash indicators will stay on when the hazard light is engaged. And I don't have brake lights.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about the turn signal switch inside the steering column?
I had a bad one for a horn issue than all checked good until I had steering wheel off and looking at the switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks