• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

lights and heat

chevy79k5

hey all i got a m1009 the dash and head lights work great un till i turn the heat on higher then low. when i turn it any higher the lights get dim as soon as i tun it off they get bright agin.
2. my heat dose not blow strong ever. last witer it blew really had and heated the truck up fast this winter it barley heats the truck up and really dont blow that hard at all. any ideas on eather of these would be great thanks ryan.

aspann

I'm guessing it's the switch. I had to replace mine recently. Mine acted somewhat the same.
Andy

ps. Mine is a M1008 but I think they are the same.

lindyp38

what switch....?

mine was acting weird to....yesterday.....

as soon as i put the heater on.......the gen 1 light came on.....shut heat off.....gen 1 light went off.....

whats up with that......?

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your belts. some times these belts slip a little but can not hear them also the alt might be going bad to.
As for your heater problems have you ever pulled your blower motor off to check for dirt build up in the heater core. I had this problem happen to me and the heater core had a build up on it and some what plug the core the fan motor can not push the air through dirt.
I pulled it all apart and just put a new heater core in replaced motor and relay and no more problems at all
I have heat and heat it is.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks