• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Listing says "runs with jump"?

bizzyboi

Anyone have any experience with a GL listing saying "starts with jump..."? That could indicate a number of different things ie new battery etc. I am wondering what people have found the issue to be once vehicle was inspected or purchased.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seen them from just needing batteries to the transfercase or transmission missing. Or even a hole in the block. Yes they will run with a hole in the block.

Inspection is always your best bet. Can't inspect? Bid low.

I bought a deuce awhile back that I didn't inspect. I bid low so I didnt care. Good thing as the frame was bent like a pretzel. But it ran with new batteries.

Last edited:

Carlo

Seen them from just needing batteries to the transfercase or transmission missing. Or even a hole in the block. Yes they will run with a hole in the block.

Inspection is always your best bet. Can't inspect? Bid low.

I bought a deuce awhile back that I didn't inspect. I bid low so I didnt care. Good thing as the frame was bent like a pretzel. But it ran with new batteries.
Wow! Words well said and to be remembered!!

bizzyboi

Wow sounds like taking someone familiar with the m923 to do a preinspection prior to bidding is essential. Thanks for that bc I was thinking of doing it myself.

quickfarms

Inspect or bid low.

I just picked up a truck for scrap price because it said that it did not start. The truck looks like it had been in storage for a long time and they drained the radiator, engine, trans and fuel and removed the batteries. The listing also said that they could not open the hood! It opened on the first try.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alot of the 900 series end up being runners, but not all. They usually have stuck rear breaks. Something else to check.

3dAngus

You can usually just find someone in the local area of the base you are looking at and get them to screen it over for you if to far to travel.

Someone will do it if you cover their expenses. Usually about $35-50, and sometimes, free, depending.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
Its easier to buy a truck from me.I bought one truck that said "Driven onto lot",It had a locked up engine. I still dont know how it was driven onto lot,Maybe driven in on a lowboy..

bizzyboi

Thanks everyone! I am going to use all of your advice. BTW I really like this site and you all are making my experience here A+. jcappeljr I just PM'd you my friend.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks