• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Little Rock, AR AFB Open House Oct. 9-10

ARYankee

I'm currently coordinating with the Little Rock AFB Air Show coordinator to let us display our MVs during the Air Show on Oct 9 & 10. They are really excited and would love to have some of our MVs on display. I'm currently looking for a rough estimate of who is interested in doing it. I'll be there for sure.

Now I'm still working out all the details of it. I'm working on seeing if they will let us camp out with our vehicles but if not, anyone that is a long distance off that wants to attend, you are welcomed to crash at my house. Once I get more details I'll post up. If anyone has any questions or input, let me know.

SpyDad

I just bought my deuce and I am getting to know the truck. I would love to drive it down and attend this open house (I live in Springfield, MO.) I am pretty confident it is mechanically sound, afterall the guy I got it from drove it to Branson from KY. Please keep me informed.

Regards,
Dan

TIGERFANS2

hey AR, how's Benton? I spent a few years there the summer after H.S., they had an un-air conditioned Curtis Mathis cabinet factory where I sweated the days away ;-)

ARYankee

:::::::UPDATE::::::::

I spoke with my POC at the air base and here is what I have:

They would like 5 to 6 vehicles there. Now this number may increase or decrease. We are also working on trying to get some modern vehicles as well so if any of you have some contacts in bases here in AR that would be appreciated. The vehicles will be left there over night. They will have 24/7 security so they will be safe. They have requested that those who are participating, that do not have a current military ID, submit their full name and DL #. The info needs to be provided by Sept 15 so they can do a quick background check. Now for that info I'm going to have you email it directly to my POC at the air base. Just let me know that you want to participate and I will give you his email address. We are also allowed to set up tables to sell merchandise or memorabilia. I'm going to have flyers for this site along with some other info to hand out.

For those of you with a long drive and are in the maybe area because of it and the whole leaving the vehicle over night and having to find a hotel........ worry not. You are welcome to crash at my house for the weekend.

I'm thinking about doing a convoy to the air show on the first day. If this sounds good let me know along with any ideas or questions. Hopefully we can have a really good turn out.

Last edited:

ARYankee

hey AR, how's Benton? I spent a few years there the summer after H.S., they had an un-air conditioned Curtis Mathis cabinet factory where I sweated the days away ;-)

Benton is growing!!! Not sure if that factory is still here or not. I'm still finding my way around. I've only lived here for 5 years :)

ARYankee

Another Update!!!

Static display staging will occur on Oct 7th or 8th between 0800 and 1630. I plan on going on the 8th. Just let me know if you are going and what day works best. I'll keep posting updates.

ARYankee

*************BUMP***********

No new developments as right now. Just checking to see if anyone else is interested in coming.

Hey Reb. You muster any one up down there?