• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Little rock to kansas city, mkt trailer transport

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have got a German Army MKT, TFK250 (Tactical Field Kitchen) in north Little Rock, Arkansas that needs to be hauled or trailer-ed to Olathe, Kansas. Anybody out there that can do it in the next 10 days or so? PM me if you can, or if you know anything about these TFK's. Thanks in advance, Jim

Attachments

ARYankee

Well if you need it removed until you can figure out transporting it, let me know. I just live on the other side of Little Rock and I can get it with my deuce and stash it at my house.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I remember correctly, they were/are made by Karcher in Germany. See if you can find something more about them through Google that way. Maybe some of our members in Europe can find out more (but it may be in German and not available in English).

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
ARYankee thanks for the offer but I have a buddy down there that can put it next door at his hanger at the Sherwood air field. SCSG-G4 also thanks, I found Karchers 8 page translated sales pamphlet on the net. But was wondering how this got over here and if anybody had a lead on a operating manual. Just found an old post and drcrw has one also, seems the Sea Bees had some. My buddy checked it over for me down there and said it "appears" new or was well taken care of, has a whisk the size of a 32 Louisville slugger and a stirring paddle you could canoe with! If I can't find someone coming north I guess I can just go down and fetch it.

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what i understand, the Karcher is built for a smaller sized unit than the US MKT, which is supposed to feed 250-300 (and the CK feeds 550-600). Probably purchased for smaller units that needed to maintain mobility, like the Seabees. I think some were purchased to be used by the locals in Afghanistan, and probably brought here to help get the manual of operation written. That's my guess, and I'm sticking to it!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MWM:
I had a good look at your trailer last week, it is in very good condition, and it looks like all of the parts are there, canvas is a little rough but a very nice buy. I may be going by there tomorrow if you need anything looked at or done, let me know.
James

reb87

I need to look at the map a little more but I might be able to go that way when I bring my m920 back from Pineville LA. My euc hasnt cleared yet and I havent looked the maps over very close but it looks like I could go north from there and maybe not add much to my trip. I might be convoying with another truck though so I need to look at it a little closer....

ARYankee

Well gentlemen.... If you come around the Little Rock area and are going to stop for a bite to eat or rest, holler at me and I'll try to meet up with you guys. It would be great meeting some folks off of here and also checking out the goods too :)

Also if you start having problems in the area and need a safe haven for repairs, you are welcomed to stop at my place or I could even bring some tools out to you. Just PM me before you leave and I can give you my contact info.

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yep I saw that one also it went for quite a bit more than what I paid for mine. Bad thing is it is missing the oven racks and sheets, and the baskets that go in the big cookers. Baskets not so bad, but the oven is some bizzar size and after 2 years of looking for extra sheets or racks for mine...no joy. Seller said it had 2 burners put would not post pictures. Did some one on here get it, it would be nice to have another on the site.