• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Little Stuck

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You lost your mirror in the hole?

emr

Classic example of how NDT + open diffs = bad news "

Actually none of those things got him stuck, But i will add the NDT's properly aired down will self clean and offer amazing traction, they are also the only tires that can be aired down to 15 lbs fully loaded and perform all there functions and get you to your destination, proven for millions and millions of miles, :) Also the test of time is strongly on there side, Now today there are tires that will out perform these for sure, But not in the first way I mention, A radial can not with stand the abuse and over loading and running low air and not fail, Its easy to knock em when most guys get there trucks stuck and have a hard time blaming the person who did it :) And they are just cool too :) His tires are so full of air they are slicks filled with mud, that first of all would not happen if aired down to the terrain, That truck to me sits in a mud hole deeper than the depth of the tire, and lockers in my opinion would not offer the traction with the back end so light and on that angle losing there worth anyway,( my opinion ) :) The front axle looks pretty well set to me :) Of course larger tires and lockers would get Him more stuck than that, but to be honest He over drove the truck, BUT Hey thats why we get em :) Probably don't remember all the times i did it, and will sure do it again, :) GREAT JOB GREAT PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love that stuff, Real men get em stuck, thats a tough truck and you are doing it right :)
Thanks for the pics :)

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

Okay I have to ask did the winch get you out of that mess. Which I know better than to ask but WHY would you think you could make it through that bottom less pit? My answer would be because it was there :)

Marlboro

Yes i winched off of near by trees, low 1st-low pto. I use the winch quite often for different purposes and its never failed me... i snatch block often but in this picture i single line pulled. I will one day air the tires down but i mostly will only be off pavement for a couple hours so i dont take the time to air down then back up for the road. The mirror was ripped off by a tree and i havent gotten around to remounting it yet. Ill post more pictures like this later, my buddies and I enjoy our trucks weekly. Oh and this truck is rolling on 11.00s

Last edited:

emr

Thanks for the update, It is a shame how slow an air up and down is with all those tires even for 6, But i don't think that would have helped one bit :) Nice job though, and glad to hear you are enjoying that truck !!! I would also love to come down and spend some 6 wheel time :)

Marlboro

No, I've always wanted to make this rally just never have fit it in my schedule. Enjoy Rausch Creek its an awesome time, never had a Mv their just my pickup wheeler.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks