• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMC Grille Replacement

motormayhem

Looking to replace a cracked grille on my '84 M1009. It looks like LMC now offeres replacement grilles for the '84 with the chevy logo, etc. The part number form LMC is 38-4156 for the single headlight version, but it almost looks like the dual headlight version is a better match. Has anyone tried either? Whats the consensus on fit and quality?

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/csb/full.aspx?Page=119

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ummm.... any reason why you wouldn't want to replace that broken grille with another authentic CUCV grille? Have you searched on Ebay or reached out to other SS members? An original CUCV grille will be, in my opinion, a thousand times better than that cheap Chinese part from LMC. However having said that, if your goal is to customize the body style and depart from authenticity, K5blazer.com will probably offer more help than Steel Soldiers.

motormayhem

More looking to get something original looking without spending money on another grille that is just as old and brittle as the one on there. If the LMC ones are junk then I guess an original one would be better.