• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmc truck exhaust kit

lonewolf90

I just letting everyone know that the dual exhaust kit from lmc truck does fit the 6.2 diesel has I just installed one on my m1008 this weekend the only thing with the kit I got is the one tail pipe for.the driver side was not bent properly so I will have to have it fixed at the exhaust shop going to call them about if Monday.

fitz

It fit great other than the one tail pipe that was not bent at a full 90 degrees.
That's like saying Abe Lincoln enjoyed the play until the end.
The bottom line is that you bought a product from one company and now you will be paying another company to make it fit your truck.

lonewolf90

One way to put it. Massed produced product I can see how it happens tho. It's all done by automated tube benders we have them at my work. Just push a button when it's done then it drops in a bin then it goes to the next stage.

fitz

Its just frustrating when you set aside time for a project like replacing your exhaust and you can't finish the job in your driveway because the parts don't fit. Hopefully its a cheap fix at the muffler shop.
How much was the LMC kit? What did you use for mufflers?

lonewolf90

I paid 240 shipped. I got the stock exit part number 36-5587 it's listed for the 305-400 small block 4wd. I took it to a few muffler shops but they said that they would have to put catalytic converters on it because that was required on 86 model year I didn't think 86 diesels had them so that's why I did what I did

rsh4364

My local shop also didn't want to work on my 1009s til I showed him the emissions exempt sticker under the hood.Then he said we can do anything you want.My 1st 1009 had 2 1/4" glasspacks and sounded like motorboat.I had those swapped out for 2 3" moroso spiral flows better but very loud at idle,especially with 3" tailpipes.My second 1009 came with 2 1/4 factory style mufflers both blown out,replaced those with 2 1/2 " flowmaster super 44s and 2 1/2 inch tailpipes.Still pretty quiet idle and at cruise speed but has some bark on acceleration.I would deff.use a chambered muffler.

Last edited:

GPrez

I did the exhaust on my 1028 in June using parts from Rock Auto. The exhaust was made by Walker. Everything fit perfect. I think I paid right around $400 for everything. They were running a special at the time and got a $50 visa gift card as a rebate from Walker.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also did my M1009 from Rock auto.....fit great....K5 Blazer 1984 with 6.2 diesel. Got everything from headers back.....little over 3bills.....gotta love sales.....

MarcusOReallyus

I got mine from Rockauto. Mismatched parts, I got to pay to ship them back, and they threw in a nasty attitude for free.

I've found the same story on Rockauto a lot of places around the web. Everything's great until there's a problem, then you find you're dealing with nasty people.

Never again.

TGP (IL)

I got mine from Rockauto. Mismatched parts, I got to pay to ship them back, and they threw in a nasty attitude for free.

I've found the same story on Rockauto a lot of places around the web. Everything's great until there's a problem, then you find you're dealing with nasty people.

Never again.
That's why I never buy on line parts other than the military vendors.
I support my local Napa and CARQUEST as much as possible.

Btw,Fyi,
The correct tail pipe in the kit from LMC is correct for a gasser as stated.
The OEM tail pipe on the V8 gas trucks was not 90 deg. but slightly swept back
And had a bologna cut.

The diesel exits 90 deg. and also had the angle cut which no aftermarket pipe will have.
Tom

lonewolf90

The one on the passenger side was 90 degrees it fit right back in the old hanger there. And I took it to work and ask if I could have some one fix the bend and my Manger was fine with that it was only 9 degrees off from 90.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks