• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV aftermarket shocks

sargentwolf

Currently working with a off road shop to get a custom shock made up for the LMTV. Gauging interest, how many people would be interested in a set? Pricing would be high, but able to run all day long off road at max speed without a problem and be bolt on (no brackets or anything). These would be racing type shocks, rebuild kits can be bought for cheap.

Here's the basic measurements so far we have worked up:
Overall length 14 inches
3 inch diameter shock
3/4 inch mounting bolts
Requires custom heavy valving (to be determined later with road tests)

Waiting right now for the shocks to be built and shipped to me. I'll update this post as more details come out.

Last edited:

scottmandu

I didn't know that shocks were a problem. The factory ones certainly took a beating on my 120 mile offroad trip down the seashore and back. The truck ran it at 35-45 mph without issue.

Terrh

You sure those will be heavy enough for a loaded 20,000+lb LMTV?

Website says the biggest ones they sell only have a 7/8" shaft. For comparison, the DMS shocks I ran on my (3000lb only) rally car have a 2" dia shaft in a 3" body. And they don't even live a real long life in that.

I wonder what the dakar trucks run......

sargentwolf

They are one inch shafts.

The shock only sees the damping forces, the weight of the vehicle is not supported by the shocks, the leaf springs hold the weight normally. There are no side loads with the way our trucks are setup

sargentwolf

Due to medical issues, I have not been able to install them yet. I do have them and they are SHINY!

Gunna be painting em CARC green once they are verified as correct.

Levelox

I'm assuming I need new ones because when I hit a bump the front and really bounces. Is there a way to check them? They don't seem to be leaking. I don't want to replace them with other used ones that are in the shape minor in. Any suggestions? Also looking for a 24 amp charging coaxial if you have that I'll buy one from you. And if you know where I get a 24 amp charger that would be great to know. Thanks in advance. Steve Knight 936-648-1369 thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks