• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV alternator upgrade max amps?

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a few of the 200 amp upgrade kits.... complete kits with everything down to the nuts and bolts...... pm for details......

Z

charlesrg

Did you install the 200Amp alternator ? Sean proved it fits now I'm wondering how much continuous power can we take out of it.

19Detail

...or be boring and have fabricated some new brackets to mount a second 24v commercial truck alternator or Generator Head dedicated as the AC power source. You could also piggyback a small generator with its own engine onto the truck somewhere. Good number of these are 1/3 the cost of the 200 amp alt. kit.
I always thought I would want more amps to run all the lights and what not. 1/3 the cost is a very compelling argument against it. Thank you for that.

coachgeo

I always thought I would want more amps to run all the lights and what not. 1/3 the cost is a very compelling argument against it. Thank you for that.
Hummer version 200amp dual alt fits with a little fab. See Seans video. I got a used one of flea by for this. Also will be running an APU and I will put the 100amp dual vault on it instead of its 12v.

charlesrg

unless you re-wire, the cable gauge suggests about a 200A limit...
Yep, Sean goes over the re-wring on the next video. I think he used some Welding cable.

Anyone tested this Alternators for how long they can output 100Amps at Idle and at 1200 RPM ?

mechanicjim

Yep, Sean goes over the re-wring on the next video. I think he used some Welding cable.

Anyone tested this Alternators for how long they can output 100Amps at Idle and at 1200 RPM ?
the N1387, the 210 amp HUMMWV ALT at engine idle(700-800RPM) is like 2100-2400 alternator RPM so it'll give 160 amps there(give or take) and at 1200 engine RPM that's 3600 alternator RPM it'll give just below 200 amps. at 3000 engine RPM the Alt will be at 6000 rpm and that's where the rating of 210 amps comes from. of course as they are made you will get less 24V amps when you add the 12V loads on. and if its heat soaked you might get a little less like 10 percent less than these numbers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks