• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV as an RV in California

Frayo

I’m registering my M1078 now! Dmv in San Jose charged me 1174 dollars for fees and sent all my papers to HQ in Sacramento. Right now I’m driving it with that red tag permits! FYI my sf97 and all documents support sent in 2 days ago! I’ll update when I get thier answer!
how did you r registration? Did you register it as an RV?

Sailmike

I’ve been exploring the possibility of buying an LMTV M1079 and I live in California, so this thread is of interest to me. Got a couple questions for you guys. Some of you mentioned that to register it as an RV, it has to have a bed, kitchen, and bathroom. Can those things be temporary? I mean the kitchen could be my camping stove and the bathroom just a bucket? If it’s registered as an RV, can it be used around town as my regular transportation? Can it not be registered as a truck? One of you mentioned registration fees of almost $1200. Is that a typical yearly fee? Thanks!

I hope I’m not out of line with my questions. Ok so that’s more than a couple questions.

coachgeo

I’ve been exploring the possibility of buying an LMTV M1079 and I live in California, so this thread is of interest to me. Got a couple questions for you guys. Some of you mentioned that to register it as an RV, it has to have a bed, kitchen, and bathroom. Can those things be temporary? I mean the kitchen could be my camping stove and the bathroom just a bucket? If it’s registered as an RV, can it be used around town as my regular transportation? Can it not be registered as a truck? One of you mentioned registration fees of almost $1200. Is that a typical yearly fee? Thanks!

I hope I’m not out of line with my questions. Ok so that’s more than a couple questions.
each state is different. Some require for RV title things be permanent install of primary things you list. curious what CA is

AllenF

I would think that a vehicle registered in CA as an RV would continue to be so registered until you decided to do otherwise. Which in this case you did. While it is true that CA can be a hurdle for older polluting vehicles there are still ways around if one is willing to do the leg work and be willing to spend some cash in repairs and fees. CA is not for folks who are inflexible and demanding. But if one is reasonable and patient, two great adult qualities by the way, one will do just fine here.

With that being said, I am ready for a change mostly due to over crowding . Also where I live in So. Cal. it is a 5 hr. drive at a minimum to get to some place less crowded and green. Driving one of these trucks is slower and $$ so living closer to what I like to camp in is a major plus in my book. Your mileage my vary [thumbzup]

Another Ahab

With that being said, I am ready for a change mostly due to over crowding . Also where I live in So. Cal. it is a 5 hr. drive at a minimum to get to some place less crowded and green. Driving one of these trucks is slower and $$ so living closer to what I like to camp in is a major plus in my book. Your mileage my vary
So where's the dream destination:

- Patagonia??!

Third From Texas

I would think that a vehicle registered in CA as an RV would continue to be so registered until you decided to do otherwise. Which in this case you did. While it is true that CA can be a hurdle for older polluting vehicles there are still ways around if one is willing to do the leg work and be willing to spend some cash in repairs and fees. CA is not for folks who are inflexible and demanding. But if one is reasonable and patient, two great adult qualities by the way, one will do just fine here.

With that being said, I am ready for a change mostly due to over crowding . Also where I live in So. Cal. it is a 5 hr. drive at a minimum to get to some place less crowded and green. Driving one of these trucks is slower and $$ so living closer to what I like to camp in is a major plus in my book. Your mileage my vary [thumbzup]
I agree with your cost and distance logic here. Keep in mind, fuel and fuel taxes are going to quadruple now (and you poor bastards out there in CA already paid too much for a $1.25 worth of diesel fuel). The issue is "California is the Model for the Nation" according to the incoming administration, and I suspect that they will hit fuel especially hard and especially fast.

I'll be surprised if these trucks are even legal to drive on the roads in most states in a couple years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks