• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV at the Boneyard

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great photos and some great access to the boneyard. Hard to believe all the airframes still parked out there, and the millions of man hours that were spent keeping them flying. Sad

wandering neurons

Lucky you, getting to play in the Boneyard! The only time I spent in the Boneyard doing a half-day survival school refresher training in an empty section. Otherwise, my time was spent on the flightline. There's a few birds out there that I've flown and worked on before getting out at 11 years active duty, then working down the road for many more.
Take care of the birds there, and your LMTV!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you guys aren't gonna' use that old F-14.............................................

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome pics!! Id love to have those rocket/missile parts & F4 Phantom sitting in my yard.

wandering neurons

Aircraft by photo number:
1. F-14 Tomcat
2. B-1 Lancer (Bone)
3. H-53 (I think MH-53 Pave Low version)
4. C-5 Galaxy (FRED - F***** Ridiculous Economical Disaster), a.k.a. Linda - Linda Lovelace
5. F-15 Eagle (Fleagle-jet)
6. F-4 Phantom II (Droopy-tail, bent-wing, bug sucker)
7. C-5 Galaxy
8. C-5 Galaxy
9. B-52 Stratofortress
10. Titan and unknown, maybe Midgetman/Small ICBM missiles (twin-engine is Titan)
11. C-130 Hercules (Four-fan trash can)

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was very disappointed in December as I made a special trip to see the boneyard and PIMA Air & Space Museum. I knew about the bus tickets and called 2 days out to reserve/pay. I was then asked did I do my background check? Huh? New rules in November implemented mandatory background check 10 days in advance of visit. No exceptions. I am not exactly around the corner.....

The rub is that if I knew and had been better publicized, Me and my son could have done it as this was a planned trip during the Christmas Break holiday for him.

PIMA is well worth the trip.

Guyfang

Staff member
The first time I was a visitor at the Bone Yard was 1966. My Father had an Uncle who worked there. We went again in 1971. I was in love!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks