• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Cat oil filter numbers and yes I did try searching

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oil Filter = 1R-1807
Fuel Filter = 1R-0751
Water Separator Filter ?

This is for an LMTV with CAT 3116 engine. Not sure about filters for the newer engines.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SS member Auctionaddict has a kit of FMTV maintenance parts in the classifieds: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...l-trans-filter-kit-1079-stewart-and-stevenson

It's a great source for parts for us FMTV newbies.

A possible heads up on that CAT IR-0751 fuel filter. My early LMTV requires a shorter filter due to the power steering pump being located below the filter mount. Too bad because the IR-0751 is a 2 micron filter [edit: but 7" long]short fuel filter.jpg. The shorter filter my M-1078 needs is a 7E9763 [edit: 5.5 inches, shown in the picture], a shorter filter but still good for 4 micron filtration. Auctionaddict's kit has one of those.

The Racor pre-filter (with the priming pump) element is Racor R45P, a 30 micron pre-filter. I substituted a Racor R45T, a 10 micron filter. Since I run nothing but the best Diesel I can find, at the most active Diesel pumps, a 'tighter' filter shouldn't plug things up too much faster, but YMMV if you go to the R45T. A NAPA 34407 is supposed to be a replacement and it specs at 30 micron so is a reasonable replacement.

My local Auto store cross-referenced the CAT primary fuel filter and recommended a Baldwin filter (and I won't even give the number). I looked it up and it was a 30 (!!!) micron filter. No thinks, might as well not have a final filter.

Bob

Last edited: