• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Crane / LMHC

aleigh

$3000 was as much as I was willing to go in for. If this didn't pan out I was going to buy a Liftmoore L-21 new, and so I wasn't into bidding more than the commercial equivalent... course I have no idea if the LMHC is complete. I think the power cable is missing for sure. I just hope the winch is in one of those cardboard boxes!

Crapgame

You fartknocker! lol First one I've seen. Yeah, I was following that but went for too much than I valued it at. For the money a better and cheaper one can be made by originality can't be beat.

BTW, can you post a thread when you mount it on your rig? Seems all that is on the net is the kindergarten-quality drawings in the M1078 Dash-10.

Would have been nice for post-hurricane neighborhood recovery. But, I need an M2HB and a hundred Scepter fuel cans to complete my rig before the crane....

The attached pic of a BAE SOCOM War Pig Gun Truck appears to have one mounted in right rear corner of the bed.

Attachments

Last edited:

aleigh

Yeah I'll update when I get it all together, and take a ton of pictures. I haven't found ANY pictures from owners - just the fuzzy mil stuff and the drawings we've all seen.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Doesn't artisan have one on his truck? I thought he had documented it pretty well too.

I'll look for a link to post when I get home.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just ran across this place that sells used and refurbished truck cranes when looking up the liftmoore unit mentioned by the OP. It looks like they have decent prices and don’t sell junk. They state all cranes in full working order with new remote. They are not far from wreckerman in Gadsden. They have a nice little 1500 lb liftmoore for $1,200 listed.

http://bbcranes.com/

aleigh

So after seeing a few people in here have had success with fast track logistics for getting GL lots I gave them a call. I was kind of stressed about getting the lot picked up - I've never bought from GL before - but they were super friendly and just took care of everything. And the quote for the shipping was less than I had in my head. Long story short, the crane should be out here in PHX in not too long.

From the pics I'm telling myself that the cable to go from the circuit breaker box to the NATO slave port on the truck is missing - I think I saw it in another picture of a crate I saw on instagram - but who knows I guess. If that's all that's missing I can't complain. Fingers crossed that the rest of the crane is complete...

coachgeo

uggg. shipping company lost my engine (heavily modified Kubota) Luckly it was insured. $1200 cost...... insurance offered 16 bucks in insurance payment for the loss. They valued it as scrap metal per policy. ARggggggggggg. That one hurt real real bad.

aleigh

It turned up, along with a wheel I was looking for. I have to say - wow. What a dream come true. It looks like this one is ~12 years old. I had no idea if it would be complete, it was. When I opened the crate a lot of the boxes were wet and molded but when I opened them I realized each contained another vacuum sealed bag and another box. So everything was pristine and perfect. Like opening a time capsule.

It says two man lift but I was able to assemble it myself, but I'm a pretty big guy. A big tip I have for this is put the turrent adapter onto the boom FIRST then lift the entire assembly and place it onto the upright. If you try to do it the other way around it's an exercise in frustration. Also they CARC'd everything and the holes were only the right I.D. before the paint, so you really have to bang the things together at first. Once the paint comes off it's more reasonable.

Powered right up. So cool! I had some worries about clearances and whatever (especially w/ the top and bows) because there is so little information about these things, but everything clears perfectly, including the winch. With the boom at full extension it fits perfectly horizontally across the bed.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks