• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Door help

wgr4

I just recently got an LMTV and I have been working on the doors. My driver's side door was missing the striker and so I found one and installed it on the door. Door shut perfectly and then when I go to open the door from the inside the handle moves but the door will not open. I get out on the passenger side and go around and the door will not open from the outside either. I have the inner door cover off and I can see that the mechanism is moving so:

1. Is there a way to wedge in a screwdriver from the inside and pop open the door?

2. When you install the piece that connects to the end of the door/latch, do you have to do anything special? I just screwed in the 3 screws and shut the door, did I miss a step?

Many Thanks,

Will

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use your finger to pop open the latch from the inside. Don't ask me to explain how to find it. Sounds like you may be missing link rods from the inner and outer handles to the latch?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks