• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV FMTV front axle outer seal replacement

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a screwdriver works much better than the seal tool. You can slowly work it in from the screwdriver pushing only on the metal portion of the seal, and you don't have to push that hard to drive the CTIS seals in
1/4 socket extension or a large flat blade screwdriver works just fine. I've done 4 trucks worth that way. No leaks. Just use your brain and be careful. Seal drivers for this application are only for when you are going to rely on 18 y/o kids to install them and every problem is a nail because they only know how to use a BFH.

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got around to putting the video together and uploaded to YouTube.

Front Drive Axle seal replacement LMTV FMTV M1078
Thank you. We'll be doing the fronts and it helps to see your experience.

One question on the rears: I didn't see any RTV in the half moons? Did I miss it? You are definitely cleaner than I am while working–

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked back at the end of the video and it does have RTV on the half moons. And the fact that I’m not leaking any fluids! 😂

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks