• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV/FMTV winch hydraulic schematic/drawing

MrMikey4026

So, in my infinite wisdom, I am installing the factory winch on my LMTV. Which I do not recommend, it is a long and difficult process.
Everything is installed but I am having issues routing and connecting the hydraulic lines.
There are far more hoses and fittings on the valve manifold than it should actually take to make this work.
I have checked the TM's, no hydraulic schematic to be found.
If someone should have a schematic/drawing, I would love to see it.
If someone is willing to take pictures of the routing, the Tee fitting and hoses, I would love to see them.
If someone is willing to drive to my house with their winch equipped truck, I would buy you a cheap lunch at the fanciest restaurant is town. Don't get too excited, it is a small town!
Thanks in advance!
Mike

Ronmar

So, in my infinite wisdom, I am installing the factory winch on my LMTV. Which I do not recommend, it is a long and difficult process.
Everything is installed but I am having issues routing and connecting the hydraulic lines.
There are far more hoses and fittings on the valve manifold than it should actually take to make this work.
I have checked the TM's, no hydraulic schematic to be found.
If someone should have a schematic/drawing, I would love to see it.
If someone is willing to take pictures of the routing, the Tee fitting and hoses, I would love to see them.
If someone is willing to drive to my house with their winch equipped truck, I would buy you a cheap lunch at the fanciest restaurant is town. Don't get too excited, it is a small town!
Thanks in advance!
Mike
They are in there, after the electrical is the air, then all 3 hydraulic systems, winch, steering and Air Op Pump... Message me with your Email and I can send you a reduced file size .PDF with just the drawings(pages faster on a laptop of tablet).

MrMikey4026

Will Will do Ron, be a little later. In the middle of a shop cleanup, visitors coming to make a YouTube. I don't want to be embarrassed by the mess!
They are in there, after the electrical is the air, then all 3 hydraulic systems, winch, steering and Air Op Pump... Message me with your Email and I can send you a reduced file size .PDF with just the drawings(pages faster on a laptop of tablet).

MrMikey4026

I cant find them in the TM"s. The is a hydraulic group, Nothing about the winch. Its all cab and suspension stuff.
I looked in the winch parts just the winch itself.
I still hate Army manuals. I guess it could be worse, I got motion sickness looking at microfiche!

Swamp_Fox

What page number(s) are you looking at in which TM?

Ronmar

What page number(s) are you looking at in which TM?
manual 20-1 thru 20-5 and 34-1 and 34-2. Go all the way to the back. Then work backwards thru about 10 pages of conversion tables and change forms and you will hit the manuals. There are 43 pages of them. The last 9 pages are air and hydraulic, the first 34 pages are electrical...

MrMikey4026

Mauinate
Maybe pictures of the hydraulic hose routing? From pump to hydraulic valve, return to hydraulic tank. It appears the the pressure hose from the pump goes to a tee mounted to the frame and two lines go to the control valve. So, my pressure hose is far too long, return hose far too short. And they are both different size. So, I must be routing them wrong, the whole set up came off an identical truck.
I have a friend some distance away, whose truck I can look at. I wont have time to get there for a few weeks.
Any help would be great!
Mike

mauinate

Mauinate
Maybe pictures of the hydraulic hose routing? From pump to hydraulic valve, return to hydraulic tank. It appears the the pressure hose from the pump goes to a tee mounted to the frame and two lines go to the control valve. So, my pressure hose is far too long, return hose far too short. And they are both different size. So, I must be routing them wrong, the whole set up came off an identical truck.
I have a friend some distance away, whose truck I can look at. I wont have time to get there for a few weeks.
Any help would be great!
Mike
I literally just took mine apart, but most of the hoses are intact. I'll see what I can do to help!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks