• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Frame twist

coachgeo

I agree that the expo portal thread is way to convoluted now.... Wish a wise moderator would split it up into new threads.... each one being made up of the different threads on one particular way of doing a pivoting mount. I started one over there specifically aimed at the captured spring mount system. Might even be that thread where the sliding plate for lateral control was discussed. Think may have mentioned it here as well.

Last edited:

utahpow

Contact Quade who made his own sub-frame and worked with a German engineer to get it right on his M1088: https://www.instagram.com/overlandadventuretruck/. There is a lot of guessing going on right now, and these guys IMO have got it right. But that depends if you are thinking of your truck and box as an investment and potential re-sale value. If not - just attach it to the bed. Otherwise, take note from those doing it right.

utahpow

Quade built the truck up to sell later to fund his expedition truck business. It's a calculated move in my opinion, after speaking with him on his intentions.

Reworked LMTV

Well that's interesting, the bed is heavy I think close to 5000 pounds. Because I could not lift it with a 2000 lb chain fall. I don't think the camper will weigh half that. I also would like to soften the ride of the camper which air bags should do.
What kind of camper construction are you using? Composite?

scottmandu

Well that's interesting, the bed is heavy I think close to 5000 pounds. Because I could not lift it with a 2000 lb chain fall. I don't think the camper will weigh half that. I also would like to soften the ride of the camper which air bags should do.
weight is in the 3500 lb range for a bed.

1951M1078

Don't have the numbers here but my M1078 bed was way under 3000#. Think it was 2400#. My fork lift picked it up no problem at idle.
IMG_4002.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks