• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV in WI title and registration

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am aware of the Montana/other state route but want to avoid that due to legalities.

I've been trying to figure out how to do this in WI and it seems the only possible way is to get FMV tags, but those come with a whole host of restrictions. I was going to make a camper/RV out of it, but can't find if possibly registering as an RV might be a method. Any guidance?
I am on the border of MN, so if there is a stipulation about RV travel out of state every so often, that would eb easy to accomplish.

HDN

What does the title or SF97 call the truck? In my experience with DMVs, less is more. If there's nothing on there indicating it's a military truck, that's not something that needs to be brought up when working with a clerk. For all they know it's just a normal truck and they couldn't care less what you do with it as long as the paperwork is good.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What does the title or SF97 call the truck? In my experience with DMVs, less is more. If there's nothing on there indicating it's a military truck, that's not something that needs to be brought up when working with a clerk. For all they know it's just a normal truck and they couldn't care less what you do with it as long as the paperwork is good.
Not sure at this point. However after digging into into the issue some more, looks like this may have been resolved be some very driven people. In 2009 they were revoking pinzgauer titles/plates and the law was changed to allow "any" military vehicle to be titled. Then they expanded what collector plates were allowed to do in 2013. This is very brief summary of the changes but looks like I should be good now. They were denying registration based on lack of a highway compliance sticker (military vehicles do not have them ever)

HDN

I'm happy to see that you're figuring it out :) It amazes me how differently states approach vehicle stuff.

I'm pretty sure highway compliance stickers aren't a thing in NY. At least here the vehicle must pass inspection considering original equipment (if it wasn't built with back-up lights, for example, it doesn't need them to pass). If it didn't come with turn signals, use hand signals instead :p

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am aware of the Montana/other state route but want to avoid that due to legalities.

I've been trying to figure out how to do this in WI and it seems the only possible way is to get FMV tags, but those come with a whole host of restrictions. I was going to make a camper/RV out of it, but can't find if possibly registering as an RV might be a method. Any guidance?
I am on the border of MN, so if there is a stipulation about RV travel out of state every so often, that would eb easy to accomplish.
I bought mine from d&b construction equipment in Lena Wisconsin, where it was originally titled. Perhaps call them and see what they do.
Screenshot_20230731-161645_1.png

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

If the other state was Vermont , as of this past june they no longer title or register out of state vehicles .

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
or too many scums used the Vermont process for stolen vehicles thusly ruining it for good folk. The good get punished..... the bad just go abuse the system some other way..... some other place
The funny thing about Vermont out of state registrations when they did them is you weren't legal to drive them in Vermont because of the required inspections Vermont residents were required to get.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought mine from d&b construction equipment in Lena Wisconsin, where it was originally titled. Perhaps call them and see what they do.
View attachment 902598
What did you register yours as? Truck, Collectable, Former military, Hobbiest (street modified)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks