• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV LED Marker Lights upgrade?

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couldn't find anything in the search on this, so here goes. aua

Has anyone upgraded their marker lights to LED's, like the later model 1078's? If so where did you find them?

Thanks in advance!

Pointman in Nevada

SIMXVertigo

First thing I did when I got my truck. They are the replacement for the ones that were on my truck which is a 97.
LEDs Front.jpgLEDs Rear.jpg

Link to were I got mine. Might not be the cheapest but they have them. I got the Model 30's but I think some of the older body style come with the Model 18's. http://www.levineautoparts.com/militaryled.html

EDIT: Also, if your going to put the LED signals/break lights I would suggest getting the load/no load flasher unit. Super easy install too.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I tried the LED bulbs in the incandescent housings on my m939 trucks and the LEDs never lasted. Maybe they are better at 12 volt although they were marketed as 12-24. Does look nice and bright though.

buffalorunner

I have had good luck with some Amazon specials B5 replacement LED bulbs, similar to Derrickl122. I was looking for interior bulbs for my camper, and came across a deal on 20 of the bulbs for $10.

buffalorunner

Just shy of 50 hrs, this will be the second NY/VT winter they will be on. Have probably 200 hours on the ones in the camper if that is helpful. They are used interior though, so no exposure to the elements or any harsh vibrations.

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have gone the same route as Derrickl112, and have added the led bulbs to the stock housings.

Does anyone have a resource for the replacement lenses and gaskets for the stock armored clearance lights?

Pointman

BuiltMFG

Anybody put load equalizers on their 12v wire into the housing to promote longevity of the LED's?

I also found that Truck-Lite part #18085Y is the same marker for the truck, do a search online, they sell for about $18 each.

BuiltMFG

Yeah those are the same LED's I put in, previously in this thread there was talk of longevity so I was curious to know if anybody has installed load equalizers. I would not have thought they were in the bulb themselves, it's not in any of the specs I've seen.

Last edited:
Pointman-

We have brand new LED marker/clearance lights on our online store. We're happy to create a multi-light package at a substantial discount. We also have front and rear LED turn signal take-offs that we can sell. PM me for a package price.

Anyone else interested and we'll offer a discounted package....any input much appreciated!

Thanks!

coachgeo

I like that pintle hitch guide! Did that come with the truck?
looks like total different hitch.... sorta looks like a Nato Ringfeder.. found on unimogs..... but sorta not??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks