• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1078 All five lights on CTIS solid not flashing.

JRKJeeper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked all over the forum and only see posts about the lights flashing. On a recently purchase LMTV my lights all just stay on red. No sounds nothing. I looked in the troubleshooting but it stops at 4 lights lit up.

Ronmar

5 solids is an unrecoverable internal fault. You can try hitting it with a hammer, but beyond that it is now a paperweight.

Mine was the same, I used 3 switches, a relay and a pressure gauge and control it manually. Search electric over pneumatic manual ctis, also have videos on utube under username rronmar($30-50 to build yourself?)

You can get another controller, or an acrduino based alternative developed by a user here, $350-???...

JRKJeeper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 solids is an unrecoverable internal fault. You can try hitting it with a hammer, but beyond that it is now a paperweight.

Mine was the same, I used 3 switches, a relay and a pressure gauge and control it manually. Search electric over pneumatic manual ctis, also have videos on utube under username rronmar($30-50 to build yourself?)

You can get another controller, or an acrduino based alternative developed by a user here, $350-???...
Thank you! You are a gentleman and a scholar. I’ll look for your videos and see if I can find the user who developed one.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read through my recent thread first. You can find the Dana controllers pretty cheap on ebay, etc and they are pretty decent actually. More rugged and environment proof for sure and with the diagnostic software and their ability to output fault codes, etc I find they work well.

JRKJeeper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read through my recent thread first. You can find the Dana controllers pretty cheap on ebay, etc and they are pretty decent actually. More rugged and environment proof for sure and with the diagnostic software and their ability to output fault codes, etc I find they work well.

I looked through your thread and im interested. What do I need to buy with the dana unit to make it work on the m1078A1?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A1 and later trucks all use the same controller since they all use ECM controlled engines. The early one's were green and the later ones or replacement units are black.

Last edited:

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A1 and later trucks all use the same controller since they all use ECM controlled engines. The early one's were green and the later ones or replacement units are black.
I thought there were 2 types of black controller, one that could be accessed with the diagnostic port and one that couldn't?

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought there were 2 types of black controller, one that could be accessed with the diagnostic port and one that couldn't?
Both of the black controllers and even the green controller will talk to the diagnostic software with J1708. It's only the later black controllers that will speak the faster J1939 protocol. They all interface with the software - as far as I know even the A0 one's do if you acquire or build the breakout cable.

aw113sgte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both of the black controllers and even the green controller will talk to the diagnostic software with J1708. It's only the later black controllers that will speak the faster J1939 protocol. They all interface with the software - as far as I know even the A0 one's do if you acquire or build the breakout cable.
Good deal, just found one of these I'll be playing around with shortly.
1696197970940.png

KN6KXR

You may or may not be wired over to the CTIS from the diagnostic port. I'm not familiar with LMTV trucks I just know my M936A2 wasn't wired for it. So I made an adapter/breakout cable I plug between the CTIS controller and the harness. I then use the dearborn adapter and plug adapter from the kit pictured (STE/ICE) to plug in to a laptop with the Dana software. It works very well. The older boxes I can't talk to but the newer (black) boxes with the J1939 protocol work great. The pinouts and software are available online as well as the CTIS controllers that have which protocols.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks