• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV M1078 Transmission oil confusion...please help!

Ronmar

I thought I read somewhere that the transmission also needs to go through a basic programming/learn procedure after the switch the ATF.
Yea forcing it to relearn shift points is a good idea. It is also good to first confirm the TPS is functional and the throttle cables on the 3116 properly move the governor between the idle stop and the full throttle stop with throttle pedal application.

Zach_M1078A1

how about starting by reading the TMs before you post a question like that...start with -10 then move on to the -20s.... -24P is awash with component diagrams..... it's amazing what lies within the Technical Manuals.. so much information ...with pictures !

The more you read and research topics within the TMs the more versed you will become... questions like " what air pressure is right? what oil is best? or why are my tires round ?" don't bode well here....this sagely advice was given to me upon my first LMTV... I'm paying it forward to you...

On the flip side, there are many LMTV/FMTV members here that are absolute Gods when it comes to serious technical questions.... use them as a last resort AFTER you've done your research... many times Google will have the appropriate answer.... just do your homework

Don’t ask questions on the website that is literally set up for people who have questions WTF? the TMs are absolute crap for people who have an A1 if you are such a god how about a link to the TM m’s for an A1 because I have never been able to find it and I have looked. Most of the information is the same but you never know when it isn’t and it has caused problems for me personally it is hard to depend on some thing when it is often wrong

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don’t ask questions on the website that is literally set up for people who have questions WTF? the TMs are absolute crap for people who have an A1 if you are such a god how about a link to the TM m’s for an A1 because I have never been able to find it and I have looked. Most of the information is the same but you never know when it isn’t and it has caused problems for me personally it is hard to depend on some thing when it is often wrong
there are no readily available TMs for the A1....if you had done your due diligence you would have discovered that obvious fact.. I am not a LMTV God by any means nor claimed to be... but when Noobs ask such dummy questions as "what oil is best or what is a tire".. some in the LMTV community cringe at the thier laziness... or stupidity .. the TMs are posted for a reason and much time/effort went into assembling/ deseminating that information for those whose MVs are applicable ..read them.. live them study them .. and If you can't find an reasonable answer and you've conducted a search of SS or FB.... then ask..
You'll discover that there are indeed LMTV Gods both here on SS as well as FB and they are more than willing to share their wisdom. A1, A0 or any other LMTV/FMTV variant....

Last edited:

Zach_M1078A1

There are TM's that cover thru 2005. The electronic copies that were sold for awhile included the updated info thru 2005. The problem is they are cumulative and you really have to surf thru them end-to-end to find the A1 info.

Now the A1R guys......yeah we're screwed.
Do you have it or do you have a link to it?

Zach_M1078A1

you are not… deep down these trucks are all basically the same:)
They Have a completely different engine with a different fuel system design. The fan and fan clutch parts are not compatible that one bit me in the ass pretty good when I ordered parts off the parts TM for the 1078. They are mostly the same until they are not. The changes in the electrical system are too many to mention. Basically everything I have dug into since I bought this truck is different than the A0 in some subtle small way

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They Have a completely different engine with a different fuel system design. The fan and fan clutch parts are not compatible that one bit me in the ass pretty good when I ordered parts off the parts TM for the 1078. They are mostly the same until they are not. The changes in the electrical system are too many to mention. Basically everything I have dug into since I bought this truck is different than the A0 in some subtle small way
TM's are just a matter of asking the right people. You won't find them available for "download" because the newer stuff (A1, A1R, etc) are not just simple documents. They are gigabytes of executable software and each vehicle platform is a plugin that has to be installed into the software reader application.

If you are looking for schematics - here's all the FMTV schematics from A0 through A1R WTEC IV:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks