• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV m1078A1 temperture problem

profo

I have been going through manuals and haven't come up with nothing yet, my lmtv engine temp goes up to 212 before the fan comes on once it comes on the temp drops and it goes to around 190 then slowly climbs backs it does this continuously, the engine ecu wiring shows a wire for fan clutch, and I went to buddys shop today and we looked all through the ecu settings for a temp value and there is none shown, so my question is, is there a switch OR SENSOR that tells ecu to turn on fan or is the CAT only software have setting to change this. I did find a switch on thermostat but I believe its for the overheat light cause I google it and its temp is 230!

any info would be great, thanks MARTY

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I think marty has a bad sensor. He said his fan is only on about 10 seconds and it drops almost 20 degrees. that isn't like any LMTV ive driven. Maybe for the 7 degree reset but not a 22 degree reset in 10 seconds.

This is even with his electric fan in front of the condenser in front of the radiator/intercooler ON

He is suppose to verify with an IR gun.

Last edited:

scottmandu

It's likely your gauge is reading wrong. The 6 trucks I have go up to approx 200 fan comes on and then goes off around 165-170. Depending on the outside air temps the fan can run for a few minutes. If you can seal up the radiator and duct it well the forward velocity of the vehicle should be all that's needed to force air through the radiator to keep things cool. I don't think even electric fans will help if there is no ducting.

Scott

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed the electric fans that Suprman is selling. Installation was fairly easy and straightforward. I haven't driven the truck in hot weather but I have only had the truck's mechanical fan come on after wide open throttle on the interstate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks