• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Newbie in SC

kenet3621

I caught the military vehicle fever in late September after looking at an LMTV here in South Carolina.

My brother in Texas had seen an LMTV at Ft. Hood and wanted me to look on the east coast for him a vehicle. I found one near Spartanburg SC and the owner spent over an hour explaining to me the details of an LMTV. The van dimensions did not suit the needs of my brother but I kept thinking about what use I might have for the truck.

I bought the truck less than two weeks later and have started cleaning and touching up the "new" vehicle. I still do have not figured out the real usefulness for the truck but I am having a great time getting familiar with all the pieces and parts.

I was able to make the 2015 GA rally and met a lot of good people with a lot of excellent information to help a beginner!

I am on my 3rd tank of fuel and have enjoyed every mile and ounce of elbow grease put into the truck. I hope to post pictures of the cleanup process and whatever else the truck turns into over time.

Again, many thanks to everyone for taking time to educate me.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Sunny S Fla. I remember getting your name tag printed at the rally. Glad you had a good time.

FloridaAKM

Welcome from hot sunny North Florida. I was looking @ that same truck to purchase, but could not come up with the cash to purchase it before you got it. You got a real nice truck there, enjoy it!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you want to drive it in the Columbia Nov 11 Veterans Day Parade, make it to the meeting on Nov 4 at the MVCSC compound on New Way Road, across from 122 New Way Road (near the intersection of Alpine Rd and Faraway Drive - IE, near the Blue Cross/Blue Shield tower).

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome from Hopkins, SC!

Yes come to the meeting and meet all the local green iron sickness inflicted people, and sign up for the parade!

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome! I saw your truck when I arrived at Durhamtown late Friday night but failed to catch you near the truck on Saturday, then you were gone. Looking forward to seeing your '1079.

Bob

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks