• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV on Bankhead 2015 Cross Country Convoy

wehring

Hey folks. Just arrived into Washington DC today. Drove the LMTV from near Houston to DC. It was a nice trip. Weather is perfect for windows down driving. Brought with me two WWII Harley Davidson WLA motorcyes that belong to friends riding in the convoy. Stopped off to show Nugent the WLAs on my way out. Many more pics and posts to follow... Wish us luck.

Justin Wehring

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the hitch Justin.....very nice setup!!! Have a great trip....wish I could be there.... :driver:
It'll be passing through NM so you've got a chance to wave as they go by.

Justin - have a safe and fun trip. One of these days when you're not traveling we need to get together and swap parts.

wehring

Today

Today we had the vehicle inspections and completed our paperwork for the convoy.

This afternoon a few of us toured the CMH Center for Military History facility. It was nothing less than amazing.

tonight is a buffet at the O-club on base. We Texans take buffets as personal challenges so it is going to be interesting.

Wheels up tomorrow!!!

justin wehring

Attachments

turnkey

WOW what fun you are having....Great pics..also please keep the pics coming ..Best luck on the trip....Following seas and good head winds mate for your trip.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Wehring, when do you guys think you're gonna' make it to Lawrenceville, Ga for the lunch stop tomorrow? Some of us SS folks wanna' come say hi but we don't when to expect ya'll.

Thanks

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I saw Wehring's truck and trailer in Lawrenceville, Ga, yesterday and it was first class (especially the hitch).

I also want to thank Wehring for calling me yesterday and giving me a heads up on arrival and departure times so my Dad and I could have time to meet the group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks