• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Owners of Wisconsin?

Beamer814

Hello,

I've recently discovered LMTV's and after spending the last few days searching these forums and others I cant seem to find anyone using them in Wisconsin. I think this maybe do to it not being one of the 4 easily collector plated military vehicles Wisconsin lists on the DMV site. From what I can tell is I will likely need a special license to operate and be paying a good bit to plate the vehicle every year but this is all 50/50 nothing concrete as of yet. I reached out to the DMV today and was transferred a bunch with nothing to show for it. So my question is do we have any members in Wisconsin or Illinois with any experience in these vehicles in regards to plate type and licensing requirements. I've been hunting for a HMMWV for the past year and was just ready to pull the trigger when I found what looked like a American version of a UNI. I appreciate any help in advance and if I some how missed the thread that covered this please let me know I will ask the ADMIN to delete.

Radiogeek99

Just Another Guy
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Illinois we have a Former Military Vehicle plate which can save you money over any other plate, Since the LMTVs are too heavy and too new for an antique plate. However you do need a CDL (Commercial Drivers License) do to the weight and the air brakes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks