• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV pulls an Unimog out

Third From Texas

Das iz uber !

I like the bag on the front. Not certain what he uses it for but that would come in really handy for recovery get (always covered in mud or sand after a pull).

I wonder what that dragging line attached to the top of the Mog's box is?

Third From Texas

Doh, I've seen those in tons of overlanding vehicle pics. Just never on the front. Oddly, never seen one on the beaches out here, but the counties do a pretty good job placing trash cans along the island and big bins for those coming up from PINS where the pavement starts.

Something like that would still be handy for straps, etc. I spend more time digging gear out of the hab or the cab than I do on the pulls. And then it's all covered in sand or mud, just makes a mess doing it over-and-over. When I get around to fabbing up my bumpers, I plan to include trap doors in the top to toss my chains, straps, and rigging into.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Das iz uber !

I like the bag on the front. Not certain what he uses it for but that would come in really handy for recovery get (always covered in mud or sand after a pull).

I wonder what that dragging line attached to the top of the Mog's box is?
The line on the top of the mog was a safety cable. The mog tilt gave the driver a high pucker factor, for good reason. The ground was bottomless and the mog really stuck. The 5 ton MTV is a remarkable pulling machine.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is nothing more a Unimog owner hates more than having to get pulled out, on the other hand after you get over the embarrassment factor it feels pretty darn good to be mobile again! Thats a darned nice looking 1088 and the S280 looks perfectly at home in the bed!!
Good pull and in case the Mog guy didnt say it thanks!

JD4044M

It is NICE having more then one Big Truck around going Off Road at times!
I just went for a Short Drive in my 1995 M1078 Truck Today! So NICE Outside!!! Drove to Town and back, then some. Took a couple pictures 2 miles from my home near our Kramer RAWS 2800ft Level Weather Station. Great 360 degree Views from here, we call this area the End of the Earth if you miss our turn! The East Side of the Cascade Mt Range is in the back ground. Took this picture looking West back at our place. I sure love living here even with a wildfire now and then to deal with!! I just have to get out my driveway to be off road and in the OutBack Country. I live in the middle of the lower picture on that tall tree line.DSCF6269.JPGDSCF6270.JPG

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks