• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV self cancelling turn signal adjustment

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Coachgeo wanted me to show how to adjust the turn signal on the LMTV/FMTV so here is a quick tutorial. It's very simple to do as all you need is a phillips screwdriver and a 4mm allen wrench.

First you must have your steering wheel clocked/adjusted in the 3 and 9 position otherwise the notch will be in the wrong position. It has to be on the right. The rusted piece you see in the picture is the shaft with the half-moon piece on the backside.

TS2.jpg

Take the single screw out of the cover on the right side and loosen the 2 allen screws enough to slide the assy up.

TS1.jpg

Here is a picture of the pawl that makes it all work.

Tun signal 2.jpg

Slide it up until it just clears the bottom of your steering wheel.

TS1.jpg

It should work now. Replace your cover and you're done.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know the part number for the ring that attaches to the steering wheel to cancel the blinkers? Or where I can get my hands on one? I'm picking up a 2008 M1078A1R in Maryland the first week of October and driving it all the way back to California. I have the Dorman steering wheel and would like to get the mod done to it so I can bring with me to make the drive back a little more comfortable. Thanks

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5999-01-398-4763

I don't see any for sale on their own. You can buy a used steering wheel - they come attached to the wheel:

I've never had an issue with my factory wheel though. Again - Army truck not a mall crawler. You got girly hands or sompthin? :LOL:

Third From Texas

Anyone know the part number for the ring that attaches to the steering wheel to cancel the blinkers? Or where I can get my hands on one? I'm picking up a 2008 M1078A1R in Maryland the first week of October and driving it all the way back to California. I have the Dorman steering wheel and would like to get the mod done to it so I can bring with me to make the drive back a little more comfortable. Thanks
I just let my turn signals flash.

Be seen....avoid accidents.

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
5999-01-398-4763

I don't see any for sale on their own. You can buy a used steering wheel - they come attached to the wheel:

I've never had an issue with my factory wheel though. Again - Army truck not a mall crawler. You got girly hands or sompthin? :LOL:
Yes, I get that it's an army truck, but that isn't why I'm buying one. I'm buying one because they're a great platform to build an expedition vehicle on. So, since it will be doing long miles, I'm looking to do all of the ergonomics upgrades that I can. I realize most people on steel soldiers are military vehicle enthusiasts, and I respect that. I'm into world travel and exploring places off the beaten path, and these trucks are a great, and affordable, platform to build on for that. Hopefully you all can understand and respect that:)

coachgeo

Yes, I get that it's an army truck, but that isn't why I'm buying one. I'm buying one because they're a great platform to build an expedition vehicle on. So, since it will be doing long miles, I'm looking to do all of the ergonomics upgrades that I can. I realize most people on steel soldiers are military vehicle enthusiasts, and I respect that. I'm into world travel and exploring places off the beaten path, and these trucks are a great, and affordable, platform to build on for that. Hopefully you all can understand and respect that:)
Am slowly aiming for expedition vehicle too. Just remember.... the bigger the wheel the easier to physically steer in difficult conidtions you may end up in off the beaten path. (leverage advantage) Also slower steer input.... so it is harder to over steer in knarly and or scary road misshaps. Not sure if that is good or bad.... Just small things to consider in the design thoughts on "hmmmm ... why did they put such a big wheel on this thing?? hmmm.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I set mine and it lasted all of a few days and stopped working again. That was couple years ago.... I forget how we did it.
@CallMeColt did a great video, like always(!), and has it in the video how to adjust the turn signal.

It starts at 5:14 and goes to 7:35

As always, thanks Colt!

It also written out at the top of this thread., thanks to @Andyrv6av8r

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks