• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lmtv starter

f8617

Occasionally when I go out to start mine- ill push the button and the starter will engage for a split second, and if I continue to hold the button, a split second later it will crank normally and fire right up. The starter itself appears to have been replaced very recently.... maybe a electronical ghost somewhere. It hasn't bothered me enough to diagnose it any further, considering it only does that about 1 out of 15 or so starts. Obviously there is something wrong, but it hasn't seemed to get any worse at all- or leave me stranded yet.
I have a truck that just began doing the exact same thing. Its starter was rebuilt ~1yr ago. I'm still in the cleaning & tightening connections phase of my troubleshooting.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks